PDA

View Full Version : SB3 Screensaver when off: No clock Option?

Gazjam
2011-11-11, 22:35
As above...

In BASIC settings in SBS (both 7.7 and 7.6.2) I do not have the option any more to select the "Clock" screensaver - in fact there are no options for screensavers at all, only "none".

Is a bummer as I use my SB3 also as (wait for it..) a clock in the bedroom :)
Any ideas how to get it back?

I've tried reinstalling SBS, both 7.6 and 7.6.2 no no avail.

Thanks

Panotaker
2011-11-12, 07:40
Im still using version 7.54 and I still have the clock, which I like, so I guess I am not upgrading.

Apesbrain
2011-11-12, 11:21
FWIW, on my install of LMS 7.7.0 (Win XP) all screensavers have the "Date and Time" option. If this is a holdover from an earlier server install, maybe there is a "screensaver" file I can send you? (BTW, I'm not sure it's related but do you have the following folder: C:\PROGRAM FILES\SQUEEZEBOX\SERVER\SLIM\PLUGIN\DATETIME or linux equivalent?)

Keep in mind that you need to be connected to an active server for an SB3/Classic to display the clock; either your local server (PC on; not in standby) or mysqueezebox.com.

Gazjam
2011-11-15, 01:30
Thanks Guys,

I like what 7.6 onwards does so I'll be sticking with that I think..it worked before with 7.7 which is the odd thing?
Yeah, I have C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Slim\Plugin\DateTime on my system...seems everythings there?
Odd..

Clock works fine on MySqueezebox.com, just broke on the Server.
Going to try a full uninstall/reinstall see what happens.

Cheers.

mherger
2011-11-15, 07:39
> I like what 7.6 onwards does so I'll be sticking with that I think..it
> worked before with 7.7 which is the odd thing?

This is an intermittent issue which has cropped up with 7.6 for the first
time. A server restart would usually fix this.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17497

I've seen this myself on exactly one SB3, one time. And I'm running quite
a few devices :-)

--

Michael