PDA

View Full Version : Spotify on Touch sucks

mhaas
2011-11-11, 02:59
The official Logitech plugin for Spotify is really bad.Tracks I don't have problems to find on my PC are not present on the Touch - "This track is not available in your region" comes up all the time (I live in the UK). I first thought it just doesn't filter out the unavailable tracks but it's not the case - the whole albums are missing compared to the PC interface. And then the following day they suddenly appear again! Sometimes also a track in a Spotify playlist plays repeatedly instead of continuing with the playlist. I've searched on the Internet and it seems to be common problem both Logitech and Spotify have been aware of but haven't fixed for months. My SBS is not on x86 processor so I cannot use Triode's plugin and I'm very disappointed. If you are thinking to buy the Touch for Spotify - think again!

ahofer
2011-11-11, 08:28
I have a duet and a transporter and neither the official app nor the triode app work through SS. the official app goes through all the search functionality fine but then only pretends to play (no sound) the first 10 seconds or so of each track. the triode app just sits there.

yes I have a premium account, yes i rebooted server. this app is a mess.

garym
2011-11-11, 08:44
Official app ONLY works for radio or touch. But triode's plugin works for me perfectly with transporter and booms.

garym
2011-11-11, 08:45
Uninstall the official app and use ONLY the triode app.

ahofer
2011-11-11, 10:05
The official is a messed up app.

mhaas
2011-11-11, 14:50
Uninstall the official app and use ONLY the triode app.

I'd like to but as I said - my SBS runs on marvel processor and triode's app works only on x86! And I've learnt similar problems are with Spotify on Sonos.

bpa
2011-11-11, 15:41
I'd like to but as I said - my SBS runs on marvel processor and triode's app works only on x86! And I've learnt similar problems are with Spotify on Sonos.

Triode's app also works on some ARM based NAS which would include Marvell as long as Linux kernel and support libraries are suitable.