PDA

View Full Version : Transporter Problem

paul44birch
2011-11-06, 03:42
I have always had a problem with my Transporter which seems to be caused by disconnecting the unit. I may do this to refit another piece of hi fi or generally to clean/dust etc. When reconnected the sound of my Transporter goes slightly distorted and crackly. This is normally resolved via a xilinx reset thanks to this forum for pointing this out to me many months ago). However the problem is back and I cannot seem to resolve it with a xilinx reset. I have generally found that I have to actually unplug the mains lead (rather than just turn the unit on via the front switch) and then hold down the 1 button whilst plugging back in,to make it work. But this time it is not having it. I have also tried a factory reset!

Any suggestions as usual much appreciated otherwise I will have to go through the painfull process of talking to Logitech help line aaargh!!

Thanks

bhaagensen
2011-11-06, 11:04
There is also a factory reset procedure which ones solved a similar problem for me. Cant remember the procedure, but I found it on the Logitech support pages.

Edit: sorry i didnt ser the last sentence. So i cant provide any other advice.

paul44birch
2011-11-09, 06:53
Still waiting for a reply on this one from Logitech help desk. Initial follow up email from them said I would hear within 48 hrs and that was over 3 days ago. A little disappointing!

paul44birch
2011-11-09, 15:10
OK, so after several days of trying the xilinx reset and having no luck I tried it today and bingo! it worked. So you can all relax now safe in the knowledge that my problem is sorted...till the next time!!

garym
2011-11-09, 15:15
OK, so after several days of trying the xilinx reset and having no luck I tried it today and bingo! it worked. So you can all relax now safe in the knowledge that my problem is sorted...till the next time!!

hmmm. very odd. I didn't have any suggestions beyond xlinx, but good to hear that that eventually worked. I've had to do xlinx reset once in the last couple of years on my transporter, but then again, it never gets unplugged either....

paul44birch
2011-11-09, 15:26
I guess the lesson is forget about the dusting in future and just keep it plugged in. All seems a bit flakey and does nothing to instill confidence with Logitech, particularly as I am still waiting to hear from their technical support. Still, its a good job it sounds so good when working!

toby10
2011-11-10, 02:43
I don't have a TP but my four year old SB3 is without power 90% of the time, never had to do a Xilinx reset, works fine.

bhaagensen
2011-11-10, 02:50
I've got both (SB3) - and in my experience the TP is more prone to issues when (un)powered. Id planned/hoped to keep it for many years, so please update the thread with any information you may receive.

Squeezed_Rotel
2011-11-10, 03:46
And in two years of operation, I have never had to do a reset of any kind.
I wonder if it could be firmware related. By that I mean that I run the older SC 7.3.4 and I think firmware 77. Maybe this is a contributing factor.

BTW, when I say disconnected from mains each night, I mean that it is shut down via the APC power supply feeding power to it (the Transporter), so I assume that this is the same as "unplugged" each night.

HTH