PDA

View Full Version : Random Mix + filtering?

dbinder101
2011-11-05, 10:34
Is there a way to tell the Random Mix mode to only play songs that were never played or not played in, say, the past 6 months?

garym
2011-11-05, 11:01
Dynamic playlist plugin

erland
2011-11-05, 17:28
Is there a way to tell the Random Mix mode to only play songs that were never played or not played in, say, the past 6 months?
To do this, you need the third party SQL Playlist plugin (plus Dynamic Playlist plugin) and TrackStat plugin, the "Random Songs" menu provided with SQL Playlist will make it possible to ignore recently played tracks.

Currently you can only tell it to ignore everything played within the last 12 weeks but if you really need 6 months I can extend the template to support this in a future version. If you know some SQL, you will probably be able to customize the SQL yourself, else just let me know and I'll enhance the template.

The TrackStat plugin is needed because the "Random songs" template currently checks recently played songs towards TrackStat data.

garym
2011-11-05, 18:43
To do this, you need the third party SQL Playlist plugin (plus Dynamic Playlist plugin) and TrackStat plugin, the "Random Songs" menu provided with SQL Playlist will make it possible to ignore recently played tracks.

Currently you can only tell it to ignore everything played within the last 12 weeks but if you really need 6 months I can extend the template to support this in a future version. If you know some SQL, you will probably be able to customize the SQL yourself, else just let me know and I'll enhance the template.

The TrackStat plugin is needed because the "Random songs" template currently checks recently played songs towards TrackStat data.

I would love something longer than 12 weeks. 6 months or even a year would be nice.

erland
2011-11-06, 02:41
I would love something longer than 12 weeks. 6 months or even a year would be nice.

I've added a 6 months and one year option in the SQL Playlist version I just released.

garym
2011-11-06, 05:52
I've added a 6 months and one year option in the SQL Playlist version I just released.

fantastic. thanks!