PDA

View Full Version : cannot find wininet.dll

Mart1
2011-11-05, 04:17
I have SBS on Windows 7 Starter. Spotify plugin.
Just as everything worked fine SBS again wanted to update and by mistake I started the update. There were messages about media server and problems with missing c++ something. SBS shows version 7.6.1 - r33110

When starting SBS I get from Themida "cannot find wininet.dll. Please re-install this application." Then I get program error from spotifyd.exe.

What should I do?

NJR73
2011-11-05, 05:31
I have SBS on Windows 7 Starter. Spotify plugin.
Just as everything worked fine SBS again wanted to update and by mistake I started the update. There were messages about media server and problems with missing c++ something. SBS shows version 7.6.1 - r33110

When starting SBS I get from Themida "cannot find wininet.dll. Please re-install this application." Then I get program error from spotifyd.exe.

What should I do?

I have had this problem for a few weeks now, just stopped working overnight for some reason. I read that disabling windows firewall fixed the problem but it has not made any difference for me.

I have tried re-installing SBS etc but still got the problem.

My squeezebox boom is an ornament gathering dust :(

toby10
2011-11-05, 06:11
Never seen the error nor have I tried this program, but seems simple enough to fix.
http://error-toolkit.com/dll.php?t=Wininet.dll

Mart1
2011-11-07, 03:31
Never seen the error nor have I tried this program, but seems simple enough to fix.
http://error-toolkit.com/dll.php?t=Wininet.dll

Thank you, I tried this but it did not help. Took another laptop and installed LMS. Everything works now, but I still will try to repair the mini laptop because it is quiet.

Ikabob
2011-11-08, 04:11
During the LMS 7.7.1 beta installation I received the message "cannot find wininet.dll ...reinstall program" also. But, the control box opened and diagnostics indicated that all systems were "OK". The LMS seems to be working fine also. Should I disregard the message or do a reinstall?
( I'm using the new MOG and I like it very much so far.)
Thanks.

Mart1
2011-11-08, 04:51
During the LMS 7.7.1 beta installation I received the message "cannot find wininet.dll ...reinstall program" also. But, the control box opened and diagnostics indicated that all systems were "OK". The LMS seems to be working fine also. Should I disregard the message or do a reinstall?
( I'm using the new MOG and I like it very much so far.)
Thanks.
Actually this happened on my second computer as well. But the message showed only once, and everything works fine, including spotify. So I don't see a need to install again.