X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stonefield
    • Nov 2011

My squeeze box's are being silly

Hello gentlemen
    My squeeze box's are being silly or maybe its me.
    Radio, touch and touch controller are continually updating.
    From 7.6.1 to 7.7.0 then back to 7.6.1 and on and on.

Duet and boom seem quite happy on 7.6.1

Advice most welcome

Regards
    Tony
  • paulster
    • Jan 2009

That sounds like you are swapping between a local Squeezebox Server on 7.6.1 and the MySB service which is running 7.7.0.

Either update your local server or stop switching to MySB if you don't want the continual upgrade/downgrade saga.

There are no firmware updates for the Receiver and Boom so these won't have to go through the process but the Controller, Radio and Controller have updates for 7.7.0.

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by paulster
      That sounds like you are swapping between a local Squeezebox Server on 7.6.1 and the MySB service which is running 7.7.0.
      Right. There are several ways of avoiding the back-and-forth:

1. Upgrade the local server to 7.7.0.

2. Keep the local server at 7.6.1, but disable software updates at Settings > Advanced > Software Updates.

3. Keep the local server at 7.6.1, allow the players to be updated to 7.7.0 firmware (when connected to mysqueezebox.com), but do not allow them to reload 7.6.1 firmware. You can refuse an update by holding down the left-arrow on the remote, the Radio front panel, the touch interface or by swiping left-to-right on the Touch.

4. Don't switch back and forth between mysqueezebox.com and your local server.

Comment

• Stonefield
        • Nov 2011

Many thanks for your considered responses, you have made it look simple and introduced some clatity to my bewilderment.
        Now how do I update the local server to 7.1.0, it seems uninterested in updating automaticaly.
        Tony

Comment

• paulster
          • Jan 2009

Which OS are you running your server on?

You can download the new versions for all operating systems from http://http://downloads.slimdevices....Server_v7.7.0/ and install over the top of your existing installation, but there may be a more automated way depending on your OS platform (e.g. Debian can use apt-get to download and install in one go).

Bear in mind also that after this installation it will want to rescan your library from scratch, so don't attempt the upgrade when you are in a hurry to listen to your music!

Comment

• Stonefield
            • Nov 2011

I am on W7

Comment

• Stonefield
              • Nov 2011

Updated local server to 7.0.0 from your link and all seem fine.
              Many thanks gents
              Tony

Comment

Working...