PDA

View Full Version : SB server will not understand m3u lists

Hans Heintz
2011-10-25, 02:42
SB2:
Had this problem before and solved it by downgrading my squeezebox/server to about 6 years ago.
Then HAD to upgrade back because I bought iPeng on my iPhone and it needed that.
Last week I had a strange problem where my server would not see my player, but the network could still ping it.
I solved it by downgrading my ply/srv and then upgrading it again.
All worked as before.
Today suddenly my server would not see my collection anymore, I could still play radio.
Rescanning my collection button (E:\audioserver) was just ignored. It just actually did nothing and srv said to me that my collection was not defined (or similar but just in dutch).
I solved this my renaming my collection and pointing it to some subfolder, rescanning, resetting folder and name to previous settings and rescan again.
But now: my playlists (which I get to by browsing folders) come up empty again.
My playlists are simple m3u files that sit in the same folder as the songs
example file "_ListFLAC.m3u":

01 -Myrrhman.flac
02 -Ascension Day.flac
03 -After the Flood.flac
04 -Taphead.flac
05 -New Grass.flac
06 -Runeii.flac

I HAVE TO use playlists because my collection contain both flac and mp3 versions of the songs (latter for my ipod) and technology will only advance to the stage where songs by mediaplayers are not played twice in about 200 years I guess.

Any suggestions to make the playlists work again please?

pippin
2011-10-25, 02:52
Your playlist folder (setting below music folder in the web interface) is probably not pointing to a folder containing your playlists or subfolders with playlists.
Playlists show up empty in that case.

Which server version do you use? Generally I'd say set the playlist folder to the same folder as the music folder but there were some versions of SBS which did not like this, 7.6.0, I believe was one.

aubuti
2011-10-25, 06:26
I HAVE TO use playlists because my collection contain both flac and mp3 versions of the songs (latter for my ipod) and technology will only advance to the stage where songs by mediaplayers are not played twice in about 200 years I guess.
I can't help you with your main problem, but I don't see where having both FLAC and MP3 versions of the tracks forces you into having playlists. Most people, myself included, simply separate the FLACs and the MP3s at the "base" of the folder tree, rather than commingling them in the same folders. If you have some that are MP3-only, that is also easily accommodated via shortcuts or symbolic links.

Mnyb
2011-10-25, 08:41
also playlists use the absolute path to the file so if you moved the files to a sligthly different path the playlist scan would not locate files where the list say they are.

this is easilly fixed by some search and replace in a text editor followed by a rescan of playlists.

Check the setting for the playlistbfolder it migth alsombeen reset while where fiddling with the other stuff.

pbg
2011-11-23, 13:37
I have a similar issue. Seems like something happened with the upgrade to 'Media Server'. I just keep my m3u's - I only have a few - in the root of my music folder. You can see them in my music/music folder but you now you don't have the option to play them, only to save them to your favorites.

It just seems like the new version doesn't recognize m3u's as playlists any more?

garym
2011-11-23, 17:00
I can't help you with your main problem, but I don't see where having both FLAC and MP3 versions of the tracks forces you into having playlists. Most people, myself included, simply separate the FLACs and the MP3s at the "base" of the folder tree, rather than commingling them in the same folders. If you have some that are MP3-only, that is also easily accommodated via shortcuts or symbolic links.

yep, like:

x:\music\flac\....
x:\music\mp3\...

and tell SbS/LMS that music library directory is x:\music\flac\

this way your mp3's are ignored. In my case, where I also have mp3's with no flac counterpart, I have this setup

x:\music\flac\
x:\music\mp3aaconly\
x:\mp3mirror\

then I tell SbS that my music is at x:\music, and it picks up my flac files and mp3/aac only files, but not my mp3 copies of flac files. For itunes, I use x:\mp3mirror as my itunes music library, but also add the music\mp3aaconly directory of files to my itunes library.