PDA

View Full Version : New "SWAP" forum proposition

gizek
2011-10-17, 23:53
Some of us here, have posted various SB items for sale. Personally I managed to conduct a few successful transactions. Since there is no separate forum or rules regarding posting items for sale/wanted, I propose to create a new forum. It might not be a high traffic area but at least people would know where to go. For sure many people would find it very helpful.

What do you think ?

socistep
2011-10-18, 06:50
Some of us here, have posted various SB items for sale. Personally I managed to conduct a few successful transactions. Since there is no separate forum or rules regarding posting items for sale/wanted, I propose to create a new forum. It might not be a high traffic area but at least people would know where to go. For sure many people would find it very helpful.

What do you think ?

Hello

I think it is a very good idea, would be good for people to go into one place to view them - particularly with stock running low for some products

ian

HeavyB
2011-10-18, 08:02
I think it would be handy and dandy.

gizek
2011-10-18, 08:22
I realize the fact that SB product range is not wide so I would like to see there also third party items related to SB.
Of course this forum would be restricted only to private use - no commercial vendors.
Being forum we should understand limitations and risks involved in performing buy/sale/trade transactions but I think this forum grew enough and have majority of respectful members.

vrette
2011-10-18, 08:43
I'm in... ;) I sold a SB3 on here earlier this year, and it was a smooth transaction for both me and the buyer. Feedback should be encouraged, and people will need to note when the item is sold, or the listings should have a drop dead date to make sure the forum isn't filled with stuff that is no longer available.

gizek
2011-10-18, 09:27
Agreed ... Not taking much of the server resources it should work as a simple SBT :-) sell/buy/trade forum. Feedback system, if any needed, could be an option.

aubuti
2011-10-18, 12:38
Since there is no separate forum or rules regarding posting items for sale/wanted,
Actually, there are such rules. Just click the Forum rules (http://forums.slimdevices.com/misc.php?do=showrules) link at the bottom left of the page. For some of the reasons why, see this thread (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=53491).

That said, I doubt Logitech much cares any more. If it weren't for the fact that they would have to do something (ie, create a new sub-forum) they would probably never notice.

gizek
2011-10-18, 16:02
I see that through my ignorance to read the rules from top to bottom, I was not aware of some things. Thanks for pointing this out. However to be picky I see no statement regarding posts about wanted or items for trade ;-) ...
Anyway let's end this discusion...