PDA

View Full Version : Reciver only?

Ron knx
2011-10-15, 09:20
hello,

i would ask if it is possible to use a reciever without a controller?
i have a KNX/EIB instalation, and use the reciever with the EIB-Port from Bab-tec. so i can use the squeezbox reciever in the visualisation, but i don't know if i can use only the reciever, is there a software where i can see my recievers in the network?

thanks, Ron

garym
2011-10-15, 11:13
hello,

i would ask if it is possible to use a reciever without a controller?
i have a KNX/EIB instalation, and use the reciever with the EIB-Port from Bab-tec. so i can use the squeezbox reciever in the visualisation, but i don't know if i can use only the reciever, is there a software where i can see my recievers in the network?

thanks, Ron

yes, no issues, other than needing it for the setup. But an alternative setup is net:UDAP

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57861

i use Softperfect network scanner, netscan.exe (google it) to see everything on my network. But not really sure what you're asking here in terms of using the reciever and seeing it on network. You need to have it connected to either your own computer running SqueezeboxServer or mysqueezebox.com. and then you can control it from either the webGUI of SbS or the remote control on the web for mysb.com. Or ipeng on iphone, etc. (varous smart phone and ipad controllers for SB players)