PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXM on a Squeezebox

jparr
2011-10-14, 15:06
It seems that there are dozens of different plugins and ways that his has worked in the past. What currently works? I have the latest server running (7.6.1) with a Squeezebox Classic player running 137. I see the SiriusXM plugin listed in the server interface, and it is enabled, but there are no options anywhere to configure it. The app also does not show up on the mysqueezebox.com application list like it is supposed to. Has yet another Sirius plugin been dropped?

Jeff Flowerday
2011-10-14, 15:52
Not So Sirius plug in works for me up in Canada. It's a manual install there's a thread here on the forums someplace.

jparr
2011-10-14, 21:17
The plugin installed on my server has a link to http://www.mysqueezebox.com/appgallery/Sirius, which doesn't open. Has this plugin been removed?

garym
2011-10-15, 05:41
The plugin installed on my server has a link to http://www.mysqueezebox.com/appgallery/Sirius, which doesn't open. Has this plugin been removed?

I don't think you should have a plugin installed at all. Instead, you add the siriusXM app on mysqueezebox.com to your my apps. And add your internet streaming sirius credentials there. Then the app shows up in your "my apps" on any squeezeboxserver or SB player you have (whether using SbS or mysb.com). At least that is how it works for me.

jparr
2011-10-15, 09:23
I don't think you should have a plugin installed at all. Instead, you add the siriusXM app on mysqueezebox.com to your my apps. And add your internet streaming sirius credentials there. Then the app shows up in your "my apps" on any squeezeboxserver or SB player you have (whether using SbS or mysb.com). At least that is how it works for me.

I got that, but the app doesn't show up on the site!

jparr
2011-10-15, 09:33
Ok, got this figured out. My country was set outside the US, so the SiriusXM icon wasn't showing up. Switched my country to US, and it works fine.

jparr
2011-10-15, 09:39
Ok, got this figured out. My country was set outside the US, so the SiriusXM icon wasn't showing up. Switched my country to US, and it works fine.

Well, almost fine. The app says it streams in AAC, but the player says the stream is WMA. Something needs to be tweaked?

garym
2011-10-15, 09:57
Haven't seen the aac issue.

radiobemba
2011-11-22, 18:26
Anyone knows how to subscribe to Sirius from abroad??

mkaye
2012-03-22, 08:08
how did you get the app to work in Canada
i signed up for Online+ yesterday (added it to my acct) and now want to use it with my Squeezebox, but i can't login to the app
can't find anyplace to change my password or acct name either (has email address)?

mark

Jeff Flowerday
2012-03-22, 16:40
how did you get the app to work in Canada
i signed up for Online+ yesterday (added it to my acct) and now want to use it with my Squeezebox, but i can't login to the app
can't find anyplace to change my password or acct name either (has email address)?

mark

Read my post, 2nd one.

ralphy
2012-03-23, 04:08
I use the same plugin as Jeff but it can be installed automatically.

You need to disable the 'SiriusXM Internet Radio' plugin on the settings Plugins tab first.

Add this url to Additional Repositories at the bottom of the plugins tab.

http://notsosirius-squeezecenter.googlecode.com/svn/tags/repo.xml

Apply the changes and you'll see (not so) Sirius Internet Radio (v1.1) in the list of plugins, check the Enable box, apply and restart the server.

Then you can enter your account info by clicking settings to the right of the plugin listing.

mkaye
2012-03-23, 04:59
i have the not-so sirius app install as a plugin - no luck logging in either
is it different if i use the URL?

also, looked at post #2 & searched, but can't find how to install the offical siriusxm app manually

mark

mkaye
2012-03-23, 05:51
removed the plugin folder for notsosirius
disabled siriusxm app
added url for notsosirius (settings were still there)
still can't login??

mark

ralphy
2012-03-23, 08:21
Have you rebooted the server?

Perhaps the online+ account doesn't work with the plugin.

My account is Sirius Everything which does work.

mkaye
2012-03-23, 08:46
yes, stopped & started the server (using 7.7)
do you use an email address as your login, or did you change it?

mark

Jeff Flowerday
2012-03-23, 08:53
Login is usually your telephone number not your email address. At least in Canada.

mkaye
2012-03-23, 08:56
when i signed up this week i definitely used my email address
i sgned up from my.xmradio.ca as i already had an acct there
is there a difference bewteen xm & sirius still?

mark

ralphy
2012-03-24, 03:41
Login is usually your telephone number not your email address. At least in Canada.

Mine is just my name, not my email address.

ralphy
2012-03-24, 03:43
when i signed up this week i definitely used my email address
i sgned up from my.xmradio.ca as i already had an acct there
is there a difference bewteen xm & sirius still?

mark

I think they are different.

Have you tried select the US in your account setup?

mkaye
2012-03-24, 05:42
my password was wrong - even tho i signed up & gava a password, it used the password for my xmradio acct
i changed the password on my xmradio acct, but the online+ password didn't change
i can log in to listen on the PC, but the plugin still doesn't work
tried selecting US instead of Canada in the settings (also Subscriber & Low)
i tried to change my xmradio login name, but it refuses to let me change it to a non-email address
i can't find any place to change the login info for online+

mark