PDA

View Full Version : Saving actual playlist when switching to radio station?

M_Meyer
2011-10-10, 01:17
Hi all,
I would like to preserve my actual playlist when switching to a radio station so I can easily switch back to the playlist.

Is there some possibility/plugin for that?

Background: I have a Radio and a Touch, both synched together. When listening to a playlist, I want to switch to a radio station for some time, f.e. to hear the actual news. After that, I would like to switch back to the playlist (maybe even to the actual played song) without having to create this playlist again.

Any hint is appreciated.

Mnyb
2011-10-10, 01:56
If you just add the station to the current playlist "play next" and then press skip and when finished listening to radio, skip again ?

M_Meyer
2011-10-10, 02:04
Thanks for the hint, I will try this.

I see one problem when doing this on the radio: I have set the 6 buttons as shortcuts for the radio stations and mostly these buttons are pressed to switch to the radio stations (not going via menu).

Can I add an action like "play radio station x next" to the 6 radio buttons?

Mnyb
2011-10-10, 02:07
Thanks for the hint, I will try this.

I see one problem when doing this on the radio: I have set the 6 buttons as shortcuts for the radio stations and mostly these buttons are pressed to switch to the radio stations (not going via menu).

Can I add an action like "play radio station x next" to the 6 radio buttons?

Ok I see :-/

Typically the squeezebox replaces the whole playlist if not added to play next or added to end

The only other ways I can see is to actually save the playlist if it is some work behind it .

Or unsync the player you are at when listening to radio and re-sync later

M_Meyer
2013-09-15, 22:58
I would like to come back to this topic as it is still annoying.
Is there a way to do a "play next and skip to next title" action instead of a "play" action when pressing a button on radio or selecting 1..6 on the remote to access one of the presets?
This way an existing playlist would be saved.