PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs

maggior
2011-10-05, 19:22
We all knew he was sick, but it still feels sudden. It saddens me because he was so young.

I am no apple fanboy, but me an my family have enjoyed our iPods since 2007. Love him or hate him, you have to admit he was an innovator.

dsdreamer
2011-10-05, 19:47
We all knew he was sick, but it still feels sudden. It saddens me because he was so young.

I am no apple fanboy, but me an my family have enjoyed our iPods since 2007. Love him or hate him, you have to admit he was an innovator.

Innovator, visionary, risk-taker, business leader and the driving force of a personal tech revolution. Sad that he should have to leave us so soon, but what an amazing success he has left behind as a legacy!

jo-wie
2011-10-05, 22:57
I do not like all of his ideas and decisions, but he did change a lot in the digital and real world. Thank you Steve.

Mnyb
2011-10-05, 23:36
The phones pads phones and stuff is the later things good stuff all of it .
(one can disagree on details in the implementation but... )

I think the original macintosh was the stroke of genius , that one changed things for real .

r.i.p Steve

Sad that he died so young , he might have had even more ideas .

I fondly remember when dad borrowed an Apple II we played with when I was a kid..

toby10
2011-10-06, 02:32
I've never owned an Apple product and have never used an Apple service (iTunes, etc..) but we all owe him a debt of gratitude on several levels.
He will be missed.

jimwillsher
2011-10-06, 03:40
I heard about his passing whilst reading the BBC news website on my iPad, and I didn't even make the connection. *THAT* is how much I have become accustomed to using the iPad, it's become a natural extension of my arm!

Legendary chap, taken far too soon.

Jim

artintampa
2011-10-06, 03:58
I have never owned an Apple, I-phone, I-pad etc. I use Androids but I do recognize that without such a great visionary my Android would never had materialized. He set technology in motion in directions that only 10 years ago were unimaginable. He is an irreplaceable loss to the world of technology.

cliveb
2011-10-06, 04:56
I'll say nothing about his legacy - others have said plenty.

What I will say is that I really hope that he loved his work, because the poor guy didn't get much time to enjoy any kind of retirement.