PDA

View Full Version : Questions About SiriusXM

brucegrr
2011-10-05, 16:17
I "thought" (my first mistake) that adding SiriusXM would be just like adding any other service. I thought it would be native to the player and I would not have to switch to mysqueezebox.com. Am I missing something here?

1. The app does not show up in the app list on the squeezebox server.I restarted the server but nothing changed.

2. It is in the app list on iPeng.(though,at first, iPeng went crazy, menus flashing, and it locked up. Next time it worked OK.

3. All the other apps I use (Pandora,Slacker,Mediafly,and TuneIn Radio are integrated in the squeezebox server software. When I use these services I am not logged out of server software and onto to mysqueezebox.com site. With SiriusXM I am logged of the server software and onto mysqueezebox.com. Is this how it is supposed to work, and if so, seems a PITA.

Any help is appreciated. I have not added a new service in quite awhile. We had a Class, boom, and Radio. (using Win 7 and an iPad to access everything)

Bruce

garym
2011-10-05, 17:13
Shouldn't work this way. I use it and NEVER switch to mysb.com.

brucegrr
2011-10-05, 17:25
I just tried it via the remote and my classic player (rather than the web interface) and it logs me off the server and onto mysqueezebox.com. This will be areal hassle for my family. I could live with it.......but they expect brainless, basic, click here and listen. (and I certainly prefer it)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I am going to reboot my server and restart all the players and see what happens.

brucegrr
2011-10-05, 22:48
Restart did not fix it. I did a reinstall of the server software. Did not fix it.

I have attached a couple of screenshots showing my settings.

Any suggestions?

brucegrr
2011-10-06, 11:02
I gave up on this one. Not going to invest much time (and I have spent hours already) trying to get this to work. The service added a bit of depth to my music but not so much that I am willing to hassle with it to get it to work.

Called SiriusXm to cancel the service and THAT was a nightmare. 20 minutes of inane questions asked by a girl barely able to speak the English language.I was sure the next question was going to be "are you circumcised?" :) Finally told them, enough, Cancel the service. Service was cancelled and money refunded.

Wasted an evening.

garym
2011-10-06, 11:50
I don't use it much to be honest. Actually almost never. But i do use it a lot in the cars. Too bad it was such a pain. Doesn't help I know, but I installed the plugin, entered my siriusxm credentials and it all just worked. And I'm always on my own SbS.

brucegrr
2011-10-06, 11:53
I don't use it much to be honest. Actually almost never. But i do use it a lot in the cars. Too bad it was such a pain. Doesn't help I know, but I installed the plugin, entered my siriusxm credentials and it all just worked. And I'm always on my own SbS.

Yeah, my wife loves it in the car.(and I do too but she uses it most of the time)

This is the first problem I have had in ages. I always use the server and all the players are wired. Everything just works.

I found myself sitting in bed fuming over the #$%^& thing not working so I thought "is this really worth the hassle and stress?"