PDA

View Full Version : audiocd.iso.wv file, how to play it?

EB1000
2011-09-30, 07:33
Hi

I have downloaded a few audio cd's rips that comes in an iso file format, only the iso file has a second suffix .wv. VLC can open and play it, but not my squeezebox classic. How can I play this cd with squeezebox?

Thanks

maggior
2011-09-30, 07:59
You'll have to convert it to something the squeezebox can deal with. The squeezebox can deal with WavePack (wv) files, but not iso.

Here's an article that may help:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=79456&pid=694634&st=25&#entry694634

I would suggest using something like foobar2000 to convert the WavePack file to wave. Then you can use something like 7zip or WinRar to extract the contents of the ISO file - which will probably be individual wave files. Then, encode these files to FLAC for playback on your system.

Basically, this iso.wv formatting is VERY unconventional and it will be an uphill battle for you if you keep it in that format.

Phil Leigh
2011-10-01, 05:19
You'll have to convert it to something the squeezebox can deal with. The squeezebox can deal with WavePack (wv) files, but not iso.

Here's an article that may help:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=79456&pid=694634&st=25&#entry694634

I would suggest using something like foobar2000 to convert the WavePack file to wave. Then you can use something like 7zip or WinRar to extract the contents of the ISO file - which will probably be individual wave files. Then, encode these files to FLAC for playback on your system.

Basically, this iso.wv formatting is VERY unconventional and it will be an uphill battle for you if you keep it in that format.

Foobar 2k can convert a wavpack directly to individual flac files :-)
There is NO loss of anyhting in this process.

One beauty of Squeezebox playback is that the flac files will play back gaplessly.

maggior
2011-10-03, 06:22
Yes, that's true...I've done it myself actually :-).

The tricky part in this whole thing is that there is an iso image involved. I was assuming the steps to create the file would be generate iso image (which would be individual wave files from original CD essentially) and then convert that to WavePack. Reversing the steps would involve first converting back to wave.

It seems really convoluted to me. The OP should probably question that originator of the file for advice :-).