PDA

View Full Version : Connection to MySqueezebox.com

austinreeve
2011-09-28, 01:04
When I connect my Squeezebox to the Squeezebox server everything works but when I try to re-connect to MySqueezebox.com the only way I can do that is to switch the power to it off and then switch it back on again and wait for it to connect, which it does. The option to connect, using the remote, does not work. Why should this be?

toby10
2011-09-28, 02:56
It should not be. :)

But more info is needed...
Player? SBS version? OS? All devices connected to a single router?
Why are you switching to MySB.com? Do Apps and Internet Radio work when using SBS server?

austinreeve
2011-09-30, 02:41
It should not be. :)

But more info is needed...
Player? SBS version? OS? All devices connected to a single router?
Why are you switching to MySB.com? Do Apps and Internet Radio work when using SBS server?

Thank you for your prompt reply, Toby10
The Server Status is 7.6.1 - r33110
Operating System Windows XP
Perl version - 5.10.0 -MSWin32 - X86 multi-thread
Database Version: DBD:: SQLite 1.34 - 01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

I have the Squeezebox Classic, Firmware 137, as well as a Squeezebox Boom - Firmware 57 and all are connected to the same router.

The Boom connects to MySqueezebox.com with no problems, using the remote supplied with it and it also connects to the server and synchronises with the Classic.

I would like to be able to connect directly to MySB.com so that I can listen to internet radio without running the SBS.

The server log file contains this entry.......
Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (209) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)
Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (223) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com, will retry in 2400 (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)

I hope there is information there which will help sort the problem

Regards,
Paul

toby10
2011-09-30, 03:50
So it is just the SB3/Classic that won't connect to MySB without a power cycle?
Try pressing & holding the BACK (left) arrow on the SB3/Classic remote, enter Setup, scroll to "connect to MySB.com", arrow right.

austinreeve
2011-09-30, 15:15
Try pressing & holding the BACK (left) arrow on the SB3/Classic remote, enter Setup, scroll to "connect to MySB.com", arrow right.

I have done that and it says, 'Connecting to mysqueezebox.com...' but it doesn't! If I turn the power off and back on again it connects.

toby10
2011-10-01, 03:39
Then something is blocking the SB3 from seeing MySB.com.
Next time this happens reboot the router, NOT the SB3, then try again. If it then connects then some setting in the router is the issue.