PDA

View Full Version : Music folders

2string1
2011-09-14, 09:39
In my internet explorer I have folders like the Beatles ,Rolling Stones,ect. When I go to my squeeze box player and click on music folders,I don't see Beatles folder or any others. The beatle songs are randomly scattered. How do I get them to be in one folder named Beatles so I don't have to search for songs. I hope I explained this right.

castalla
2011-09-14, 10:06
You need ONE main Music folder - you can have sub-folders under that. You must specify in squeezebox server the location of the Main folder.

aubuti
2011-09-14, 10:11
How are the files stored on your hard disk? A fairly standard way of doing it is to use an organized folder structure, such as \artist\album\tracks. From what you describe, it sounds as if you don't have that kind of folder structure. If that is the case, my advice is to organize the artists, albums, and tracks accordingly.

It seems that your _tags_ may be well-organized, which is why they appear okay if you browse by artist, etc in IE. You can continue browsing that way on your SB, instead of using "Music Folders". If your tags are good then you also may be able to use a tagging program to help organize the tracks into the correct folders.

2string1
2011-09-14, 10:19
I have one main music folder in IE with sub folders of different artist,but the sub folders don't show in SB.If I go to IE and click on the Beatles folder all the tracks come up. Why don't I see the Beatles folder in SB so that I can just click on that and see all the tracks.

2string1
2011-09-14, 11:21
OK I think I have it figured out. How do you delete tracks out of SB?

aubuti
2011-09-14, 12:04
Clear and rescan. It's on the basic settings page of the web ui.

garym
2011-09-14, 12:12
Clear and rescan. It's on the basic settings page of the web ui.

Yes and of course you would first delete the files from your hard drive or move to a location outside the music folder that SbS points at.

2string1
2011-09-14, 17:42
Got it thanks