Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johan d
    • Aug 2011

adjusting volume

Is there a way or a plugin to level the volume of a playlsit... some tarck are recorded louder than others... so can there be an automatic adjustment of the volume so it stays the same..

thx, johan
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by johan d
    Is there a way or a plugin to level the volume of a playlsit... some tarck are recorded louder than others... so can there be an automatic adjustment of the volume so it stays the same..

thx, johan
    use something to add replaygain tags to your files, then turn on volume leveling option within SB to use these tags (I like "smartgain" as it uses track level RG tags on mixes but album RG tags when playing entire album.

possible programs:
    foobar2000
    dbpoweramp
    i'm sure there are others
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• MeSue
      • Jul 2005

You have to analyze your tracks and add replay gain data to them. Here is some information: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._ReplayGain.3F

(You don't need to use Foobar to do it. A lot of tools can do it.)

Posted at the same time as gary, but thought the link might be useful...
      Sue
      "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
      Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
      Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
      My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Originally posted by MeSue
        You have to analyze your tracks and add replay gain data to them. Here is some information: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._ReplayGain.3F

(You don't need to use Foobar to do it. A lot of tools can do it.)

Posted at the same time as gary, but thought the link might be useful...
        good stuff! And to be very clear, adding tags is NOT changing your audio in the file, it is just a tag used by the SB player (or other players).
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
        The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
        Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

Working...