PDA

View Full Version : Android Logitech Squeezebox Controller broken!!!

pseud
2011-09-01, 09:29
Logitech was dim witted enough to release it's Android Squeezebox Controller just before Android 2.3 gingerbread was released - and failed to check it worked; it doesn't, it's broken!

The screen scrolling is horribly broken.

Is there any chance Logitech might fix this any time soon?

Bug filed here:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17528

M.

pippin
2011-09-01, 09:37
It's not Gingerbread, it's htc's Gingerbread only.

jimzak
2011-09-03, 00:48
I have the Nexus S with Gingerbread.

The Android app works pretty well.

pseud
2011-09-06, 05:24
I have the Nexus S with Gingerbread.

The Android app works pretty well.

Hmm, so where's the breakage I guess is the next question... HTC or squeezebox?

slate
2011-09-06, 05:41
If you look at the comments on the download page you will see many complaints; 99% are from HTC owners

mherger
2011-09-06, 06:00
> If you look at the comments on the download page you will see many
> complaints; 99% are from HTC owners

Thanks for your reports. I updated my HTC Desire yesterday (no OTA update there..) and was able to identify the issue. I have a working version here, which I'd like to test some more before I release it (changes had some negative side-effects). If you're willing to test before we release it, please subscribe to above bug report. I'll try to make a pre-release version available for testing in the next few days.

--

Michael

mherger
2011-09-06, 06:03
> Hmm, so where's the breakage I guess is the next question... HTC or
> squeezebox?

AFAICT it's a SB issue on HTC devices only ;-). HTC phones have always been problematic, but the 2.3 update obviously broke the workarounds once again...

--

Michael

mherger
2011-09-07, 03:57
I've created a new 1.1.2 build of the SB Controller App for Android. It should fix the issue HTC users have been seeing recently. Before we release it I'd like as many users as possible to test it, as the underlying library has changed considerably.

You'll find the apk file together with some installation information attached to this bug report:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17528

Please give it a try and report back in the bug report. Thanks!

pseud
2011-09-09, 03:52
hi mherger

Many thanks for response and your efforts. I'll give this a run in the next 24 hours and report back my experience.

(And re the bug report, yes I can confirm it's an htc phone: Desire S.)

Morgan.

BruceGra
2011-11-04, 10:06
More than 2 months ago discussion was held about the scrolling issue with HTC phones and the Squeezebox Controller. An engineer stated that a fix had been made and should be released soon. Where is the fix? I love my Squeezebox, but would like the use of the Android controller.

Please get the fix done and out here where it can be useful.

mherger
2011-11-04, 10:30
> More than 2 months ago discussion was held about the scrolling issue
> with HTC phones and the Squeezebox Controller. An engineer stated that
> a fix had been made and should be released soon. Where is the fix? I
> love my Squeezebox, but would like the use of the Android controller.

The link to the pre-release build has been posted on this very page twice.

--

Michael

mkozlows
2011-11-04, 19:05
Yes, but like a lot of people, I don't install pre-release software, and have been waiting for the little update notice in the Android Market. Is there a release schedule for the fix?

Edward Lowy
2011-11-05, 07:12
Yes, but like a lot of people, I don't install pre-release software, and have been waiting for the little update notice in the Android Market. Is there a release schedule for the fix?

I understand where you are coming from and completely agree with you that Logitech's support of this app is off the scale abysmal. However, the apk that Michael Herger is pointing you to works fine on our two HTC phones (A Desire & an Incredible S) both running Gingerbread. I recommend installing it. You will die holding your breath for Logitech to do anything officially

avr300
2011-11-06, 02:51

Most software is beta releases, more or less buggy. You just have no navigate past the useless versions ;-)

I also confirm that the scrolling issue is fixed in the apk from Michael. Give it a spin.

mkozlows
2011-11-06, 11:39
If I manually install the pre-release version, will I still get updates to later release versions via the Android Market, or will I have to pay attention and manually install things thereafter?

mherger
2011-11-06, 22:47
> If I manually install the pre-release version, will I still get updates
> to later release versions via the Android Market, or will I have to pay
> attention and manually install things thereafter?

I don't think so, sorry.

The reason we haven't released this build yet is because it breaks tablet
mode ("split view").
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17568

I should be receiving an Android tablet today, which should help to get
this fixed...

--

Michael

avr300
2011-11-07, 12:30
I'll just test that on my tablet.

avr300
2011-11-07, 12:48
Can't reproduce that bug on my tab running 2.3.1

Your HTC fixed apk runs just fine on my CT (Chinese Tab).

mkozlows
2011-11-07, 19:34
The reason we haven't released this build yet is because it breaks tablet mode ("split view").

I should be receiving an Android tablet today, which should help to get
this fixed...

Thanks, I appreciate the update. I'll wait for the official release then, since I know otherwise, I'll end up missing out on future updates by accident.

reg66
2012-11-09, 12:57
i cant find the apk 1.1.2 on the linked page. please, do you have a direct link to the apk? the new 1.1.4 is laggy as hell.

cheers