Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbinder101
    • Mar 2010

still have MusicIP confusion

I have had MIP running with SBS for a while now and thought I had everything set up correctly. But then I read that in the Basic Settings tab in the SBS page, for the "Music Folder" entry, this should be blank and it will automatically pick up MusicIP and the scans will run quicker. So that is what I did: I blanked out the box and did a full rescan. I left the MusicIP setting for "Use MusicIP" to be "Only read mixable status from MusicIP (faster)". When I ran the scan, the MusicIP Import line said it scanned all 7651 tracks (this is correct and I verified it with the MusicIP GUI and headless window). However after the scan successfully completed and I go into the SB Web GUI, I see that most of the tracks are missing. When I go back into the Information tab it says that only 1238 tracks are in the database. The only way it seems to pick up all the MusicIP tracks is if I specifically enter the path of where the files are located in the "Music Folder" setting. Does this sound right to anyone? The scan logs doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

I am running SBS version 7.6.1 - r33110, under Windows 7. Thanks in advance for any direction or hints.
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Even though some instructions say to leave the music library folder location blank when using MusicIP, that never worked for me. I now set mine to check for mixable status only, and I enter the path to my library in the SBS Settings. It works that way and finds all my tracks, so I don't question it much. Maybe the scanning is slower (or maybe it isnt?), but I'll take a slower scan that gets everything instead of a faster scan that only gets a subset any day.

Why is like this? I haven't clue. Some people seem to have it working without entering the music path in the settings, but why argue with your past success? Go back to the way you had it and enjoy.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• Phil Leigh
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by aubuti
      even though some instructions say to leave the music library folder location blank when using musicip, that never worked for me. I now set mine to check for mixable status only, and i enter the path to my library in the sbs settings. It works that way and finds all my tracks, so i don't question it much. Maybe the scanning is slower (or maybe it isnt?), but i'll take a slower scan that gets everything instead of a faster scan that only gets a subset any day.

Why is like this? I haven't clue. Some people seem to have it working without entering the music path in the settings, but why argue with your past success? Go back to the way you had it and enjoy.
      +1
      You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
      Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
      Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
      Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• sebp
        • May 2007

Originally posted by phil leigh
        +1
        +2
        Last.fm

Comment

• chinablues
          • Oct 2006

+3. Also, in MIP settings I have changed to 'Import All Song data from MusicIP (slower)'. It may be slower, but not by very much. Some time ago this 'worked for me' when there seemed to be other issues with MIP scans...so I've left it there.
          danb

Comment

• ad6922
            • Jan 2010

+4 This works for me as well

Comment

Working...