PDA

View Full Version : Get songs to squeezebox 3

davide
2011-08-27, 06:05
When I got my Squeezebox 3 in 2006 everything was so easy and fun. I could get my songs from iTunes. I haven't used the squeezebox since about January 2010 and now I don't know how to get ANY songs onto the Squeezebox 3! Not even my own CD music. So I listen to the radio. I would really appreciate any help you could give me as to how to get songs onto my Squeezebox 3. Thank you. I am connected to the sqweezebox server. All was well for 4 years and now I cannot access my 600 songs on iTunes. The playlists on iTunes used to be identical to my Squeezebox ones and so I could just drag and drop songs on iTunes and they would appear on my Squeezebox 3. NOW Logitech says that iTunes is no longer compatible with Sqweexebox so I do not know how to get ANY songs to my Sqeezebox playlists. I have 290 songs fro when iTunes songs could be put onto the Sqweezebox but cannot get any more. Like they changed their format. Even when I insert my own CD I cannot get the songs to the Sqeezsebox. I have tried other music programs like Real Player and so this is my problem. I have ordered a second (used) Sqweezebox 3 and now I find I cannot access anything but what is already on the Squeezbox playlists. Thank you. David

garym
2011-08-27, 06:12
When I got my Squeezebox 3 in 2006 everything was so easy and fun. I could get my songs from iTunes. I haven't used the squeezebox since about January 2010 and now I don't know how to get ANY songs onto the Squeezebox 3! Not even my own CD music. So I listen to the radio. I would really appreciate any help you could give me as to how to get songs onto my Squeezebox 3. Thank you.

Have you installed SqueezeBoxServer from mysqueezebox.com on your own computer. And then setup the music library to point to your music files? Not sure what you've done and not done.