PDA

View Full Version : official 7.6.1 23 aug no iTunes

pski
2011-08-23, 18:31
I'm installing that version at 9:21 on Tuesday and the CP "Library" page does not include "Use iTunes"

Is it somewhere else?

P

aubuti
2011-08-23, 18:59
I don't know nothin' 'bout the Windows SBS CP, but is it possible that the iTunes plugin isn't activated?

pski
2011-08-23, 19:37
I don't know nothin' 'bout the Windows SBS CP, but is it possible that the iTunes plugin isn't activated?

Yes it is activated.

P

pski
2011-08-23, 19:40
Pre-cache is still not progressing. The webUI shows use iTunes off <good idea>

How is it the install dialog never asked if you want to use iTunes? Careless?

Scanner.exe is still 50+ CPU according to Vista Task Manager and nothing is happening on the progress bar (35 of 1907.)

Of course, it's only been there for 35 minutes so far. I'm not sure that letting it run over nite will have the same result as before, but as a computer user for a long time, doing the same thing over and over usually has the same result.

P

mlsstl
2011-08-23, 20:15
I upgraded to 7.6.1 from 7.6.0 and it was one of easiest and fastest upgrades I've had with my Squeezeboxes over the years. The new version installed in just a few minutes. It took a total of 45 minutes to scan my 51,000 song library, including artwork. Both 7.6 versions are noticeably faster than the 7.5 SBS and prior versions. Scans used to easily run excess of an hour. BTW, my PC is nothing special - it is a Intel 2.4GHz P4 with 1GB ram, roughly 5 years old.

I also can't complain about the lack of an install prompt for iTunes. If you add that, what about prompts for other plugins? Where does one draw the line?

Did you try clearing the cache before starting a rescan with the new version of SBS? I'm running Linux (FC12) but it never hurts to start with a clean slate, regardless of OS.

w3wilkes
2011-08-23, 20:26
@pski, Close to a Albert Einstein definition "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." For some reason I think if Einstein had ever had a PC he might not be so convinced. I could swear that I've repeated a failed task and had it succeed on a second try with a PC!?!

cunobelinus
2011-08-24, 01:20
Upgraded from 7.6 yesterday. No prompt for iTunes, but there was not need for it. "Use iTunes" is checked under "Settings - iTunes" as and where it always has been.

On 24 Aug 2011, at 04:15, mlsstl wrote:

>
> I upgraded to 7.6.1 from 7.6.0 and it was one of easiest and fastest
> upgrades I've had with my Squeezeboxes over the years. The new version
> installed in just a few minutes. It took a total of 45 minutes to scan
> my 51,000 song library, including artwork. Both 7.6 versions are
> noticeably faster than the 7.5 SBS and prior versions. Scans used to
> easily run excess of an hour. BTW, my PC is nothing special - it is a
> Intel 2.4GHz P4 with 1GB ram, roughly 5 years old.
>
> I also can't complain about the lack of an install prompt for iTunes.
> If you add that, what about prompts for other plugins? Where does one
> draw the line?
>
> Did you try clearing the cache before starting a rescan with the new
> version of SBS? I'm running Linux (FC12) but it never hurts to start
> with a clean slate, regardless of OS.
>
>
> --
> mlsstl
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> mlsstl's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=9598