Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enmedio
    • Jun 2009

7.6.1 still has the same cue bug

7.6.1 still can not play cue files with only one audio file (mp3/flac).

For me, a intermittent high-frequency hissing sound is heard when 7.6.1 tries to play a cue file.

Waiting for 7.6.2...
    Other people restore classic cars, sailing around the world or build the Great Wall in scale 1:10 from matchsticks. I run a Squeeze Server in my spare time.
  • firedog
    • May 2007

plays for me

just played one. worked for me in 7.6, too.

Sorry, not trying to throw it in your face, just pointing out that it isn't a universal problem.
    GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Isol Line conditioner/protection. iFi AC iPurifiers>CAPS4 Pipeline w/Sonore PS >Kii Control>Kii Three speakers.iFi iOne+ Schiit Freya Pre for analog. An SB Touch, Duet Controller, a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator in additional rooms.

Comment

• Defiler
      • Aug 2011

Any errors in the server log while that happens?

Comment

• Sinergie
        • Dec 2010

With version 7.6 i wasn't able to play any single mp3 file with a cuet sheet, but now it's strange sometimes it does play songs selected from the cue sheet and other times the progress bar moves but just silence being played.

Versions before the 7.6 release worked just fine (except for the tiny gaps between songs) and when they finally introduce gapless playback when playing files which make use of cue sheets, they break something else..

Also the server.log file still gets huge very quickly like 100-500MB in seconds..
        Last edited by Sinergie; 2011-08-23, 22:41.

Comment

• Defiler
          • Aug 2011

Single-file FLACs with embedded cuesheets are working for me on 7.6.1, though I can't play them or view their metadata via the 'Music Folder' interface.

Comment

• Enmedio
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by firedog
            just played one. worked for me in 7.6, too.

Sorry, not trying to throw it in your face, just pointing out that it isn't a universal problem.

It seems that it is an universal problem, see Andy Grundman, comment 4, 2011-08-01 in bugzilla:

@Defiler:
            Server log says something like this (more than 1000 lines):

[11-08-24 01:19:19.3560] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid frame offset 7993641 for frame 7647 (fbe200be) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/Protocols/File.pm line 250.
            ; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x6e7f07c)
            [11-08-24 01:19:19.3594] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid frame offset 7993641 for frame 7647 (fbe200be) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/Protocols/File.pm line 250.
            [11-08-24 01:19:19.3598] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid frame offset 7993641 for frame 7647 (fbe200be) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/Protocols/File.pm line 250.

Server stopped after a few minutes trying to play this cue/flac file. After a reboot of the server the whole thing repeats.
            Other people restore classic cars, sailing around the world or build the Great Wall in scale 1:10 from matchsticks. I run a Squeeze Server in my spare time.

Comment

• Enmedio
              • Jun 2009

Some additional info:
              I use Squeezeserver 7.6.1 with Squeezebox Classic Firmware 137.

If a cue file only one file (mp3 or flac) is assigned, than Squeezeserver seems to play this file (I see it at the web interface). The Squeezebox Classic display only shows the artist and title, but there is no sound.
              When I press the next title button at the server's web interface, the
              Squeezebox shows the next title immediately, but without sound.

Maybe a communication problem between Server and Client?

The behavior when playing a cue file has changed compared to version 7.6. Whether this is an advantage or disadvantage, I do not know.

Comment

• Sinergie
                • Dec 2010

I also have the Squeezebox Classic with firmware 137 and experience the exact same problems..

Comment

• zwat
                  • Aug 2011

to me the cue like it supposed to work is no good for me. i just want it to show the artist - tune of the current time and not split up in pieces.

so i bypassed this issue with putting cue on ignore and rescanned my library. probably the best way to solve it if you dont like the cue to be split and squeezebox to stall and build a huge log file.

Comment

• Defiler
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Enmedio
                    It seems that it is an universal problem, see Andy Grundman, comment 4, 2011-08-01 in bugzilla:

@Defiler:
                    Server log says something like this (more than 1000 lines):

[11-08-24 01:19:19.3560] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: Invalid frame offset 7993641 for frame 7647 (fbe200be) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/Protocols/File.pm line 250.
                    Just for fun.. you see this same kind of error in the log for FLAC as well as MP3 files? One interesting quirk of MP3 is that you can't seek precisely to every frame, and it's possible that there's a new bug around that?

Comment

Working...