PDA

View Full Version : "Play Next" button gone in 7.6?

treble
2011-08-21, 12:55
I just moved my server to an old laptop and installed vortexbox on it. This upgraded the Squeezeserver software to 7.6.0. All seems to work fine (yeah!) but my "Play Next" button seems to be gone from some places.

It is still their in Album view or Artist view, but not in Song view. In Song view I only see Play and Add to Playlist. The 'Save' seems to be gone to (heart shaped icon). I also don't see the "Play Next" button after I generate a MusicIP Mix.

I remember with older versions you could add ?MoreThanThis=1 to the URL, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Version: 7.6.0 - r32859 @ Wed Jul 27 14:38:39 EDT 2011
Hostname: vortexbox.localdomain
IP: 192.168.1.117
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: i686-linux
Perl Version: 5.12.3 - i386-linux-thread-multi
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.32_02 (sqlite 3.7.5)
Total Players Recognized: 4

slate
2011-08-21, 14:22
7.6.0 is a bit dodgy; give 7.6.1 a spin http://forums.slimdevices.com/announcement.php?f=12

Also it sounds as you might want to try and clear your browser cache

pippin
2011-08-21, 14:55
This is not about 7.6 or something, it's a setting:
Settings->Interface->Additional Playlist Buttons

pski
2011-08-21, 15:20
This is not about 7.6 or something, it's a setting:
Settings->Interface->Additional Playlist Buttons

And get ready to change it over and over and over . . every time the server is restarted. The same is true of the artwork option in the webUI left pane.. it will not remain set to "large artwork."

Of course, I only tried Firefox and Chrome

P

JJZolx
2011-08-21, 15:52
I just moved my server to an old laptop and installed vortexbox on it. This upgraded the Squeezeserver software to 7.6.0. All seems to work fine (yeah!) but my "Play Next" button seems to be gone from some places.

It is still their in Album view or Artist view, but not in Song view. In Song view I only see Play and Add to Playlist. The 'Save' seems to be gone to (heart shaped icon). I also don't see the "Play Next" button after I generate a MusicIP Mix.

I remember with older versions you could add ?MoreThanThis=1 to the URL, but that doesn't work either.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, it's missing from several places now. It's difficult for end users like you and I to understand why, but the SBS library browsing system is apparently so complex and inflexible that a simple button like this is very difficult to a add to a web page.

The philosophy behind this is that it was redesigned to be more easily maintained by the couple of remaining part-time programmers working on the software, at the expense of some random interface features that were lost.

JJZolx
2011-08-21, 15:56
And get ready to change it over and over and over . . every time the server is restarted. The same is true of the artwork option in the webUI left pane.. it will not remain set to "large artwork."

I have zero problems with this. The server uses cookies to remember these settings, and they always stick for me between sessions. Since they're cookie based, they'll only be set per user and per browser on a given computer.

If they're not remembered for you I'd examine your firewall, browser or maybe even privacy settings to see whether or not the cookies are being blocked or are being discarded when you log off or close the browser.

JJZolx
2011-08-21, 16:01
Here's the bug on file:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17228

Vote or add comments if you feel like it.

pski
2011-08-21, 16:46
I have zero problems with this. The server uses cookies to remember these settings, and they always stick for me between sessions. Since they're cookie based, they'll only be set per user and per browser on a given computer.

If they're not remembered for you I'd examine your firewall, browser or maybe even privacy settings to see whether or not the cookies are being blocked or are being discarded when you log off or close the browser.

Thanks for the info but since the software doesn't mention any "cookie based" preferences and since many folks <and browsers> block cookies, how is it justified that these settings are not in server.prefs?

What other cookies are on the prowl?

P

JJZolx
2011-08-21, 16:56
Thanks for the info but since the software doesn't mention any "cookie based" preferences and since many folks <and browsers> block cookies, how is it justified that these settings are not in server.prefs?

An advantage to this approach is that different users can have different settings. For instance, you could sort albums by album name, and your wife could sort them by artist.

What other cookies are on the prowl?

This may not be all of them:

- Size of the Now Playing window (position of the center divider).
- Text only/Small Artwork/Large Artwork setting in browse window.
- Sort order of albums in browse window.
- Show/Hide Artwork in the Now Playing window.
- Additional Playlist Buttons in the browse window.
- Home menu state (which section are expanded) in the browse window.

treble
2011-08-21, 20:19
Thanks for all the feedback. I don't know about the cookies and I have Additional Playlist Buttons in Interface checked. But it is what JJZolx says, Play Next and Save is missing from various places in the webinterface. So I will vote for Bug 17228.

iPeng still has Play Next at least... It is an important functionality. If I have friends over I don't want to cut off the current song playing but want to play my newly selected song/mix next.

Thanks,

Mnyb
2011-08-21, 20:59
:9000/?moreThanThis=1

Works for me ? I have Firefox set to thrash everything between sesions ?

Btw what is song view ?

if I drill down to single album I have play next button on all songs.
In my playlists I have it.

I also have al the other extra icons like the heart and M icon and remove icon.

But it is gone from a song list if use search, I added that to the bug.
and it's gone if you show a single song in the rigth panel.

i added my vote I think all these icons should be the whenever you see a song.

But the bug title cant be rigth I have a heart icon in album view it's not gone ?

can I be stupid what does the heart icon do ? If i press it i got a line on the heart what else is suposed to happen ?

JJZolx
2011-08-21, 21:41
But the bug title cant be rigth I have a heart icon in album view it's not gone ?

Most people call this the 'album view'. It's the page showing the album information and its track listing. The missing buttons are at the top.

Mnyb
2011-08-21, 21:56
Ok ! there it is I was just locking where you see more than one album and you have them there, but less usefull as you don't see it's song content