PDA

View Full Version : debug log on WinXP



Beesley, S
2004-10-02, 04:11
I am trying to capture a big debug log. I have tried using slim as a service and setting the debug options, but the log.txt html page seems to only hold a few pages of txt (i.e. it dumps the oldest entries when the log gets to a certain size). I have also tried running it from the CMD line but cannot use the > redirect command to a log file and it ignores it and displays to the console.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks

kdf
2004-10-02, 12:16
Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:

> I am trying to capture a big debug log. I have tried using slim as a service
> and setting the debug options, but the log.txt html page seems to only hold a
> few pages of txt (i.e. it dumps the oldest entries when the log gets to a
> certain size). I have also tried running it from the CMD line but cannot use
> the > redirect command to a log file and it ignores it and displays to the
> console.
>
> Any clues anyone?
>
> Thanks

slim.exe --logfile

for more:
slim.exe --help

-kdf

Beesley, S
2004-10-03, 12:05
--help does not give help. See screen shot below

C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server>slim --help
slim -install [auto] to install the service, (optional: auto start)
slim -remove to remove the service

----- Original Message ----- >> Any clues anyone?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> slim.exe --logfile
>
> for more:
> slim.exe --help
>
> -kdf

kdf
2004-10-03, 23:11
Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:

> --help does not give help. See screen shot below
>
> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server>slim --help
> slim -install [auto] to install the service, (optional: auto start)
> slim -remove to remove the service

I guess the merge with the service EXE took over the helpful usage info :(

dean
2004-10-04, 08:40
Whoops. The other options still work, but --help is broken in the
current release.

Look for it fixed in the next nightly release.

-dean


On Oct 3, 2004, at 11:11 PM, kdf wrote:

> Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:
>
>> --help does not give help. See screen shot below
>>
>> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server>slim --help
>> slim -install [auto] to install the service, (optional: auto start)
>> slim -remove to remove the service
>
> I guess the merge with the service EXE took over the helpful usage
> info :(
>

Beesley, S
2004-10-04, 11:11
However, if you get a command parameter wrong (e.g. use --logfile and no
file name), then it shows the help

----- Original Message -----
From: "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 7:11 AM
Subject: [slim] debug log on WinXP


> Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:
>
>> --help does not give help. See screen shot below
>>
>> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server>slim --help
>> slim -install [auto] to install the service, (optional: auto start)
>> slim -remove to remove the service
>
> I guess the merge with the service EXE took over the helpful usage info :(
>

kdf
2004-10-04, 11:22
Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:

> However, if you get a command parameter wrong (e.g. use --logfile and no
> file name), then it shows the help

Dean has fixed the --help param.

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
> To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
> Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 7:11 AM
> Subject: [slim] debug log on WinXP
>
>
> > Quoting "Beesley, S" <sbeesley (AT) dsl (DOT) pipex.com>:
> >
> >> --help does not give help. See screen shot below
> >>
> >> C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server>slim --help
> >> slim -install [auto] to install the service, (optional: auto start)
> >> slim -remove to remove the service
> >
> > I guess the merge with the service EXE took over the helpful usage info :(
> >