Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Todd R
    • Mar 2009

I think Lion changed something...

I usually have my Transporter display the time when I'm not using it (It's my living room clock).
    Since upgrading to Mac OS Lion, the Transporter shuts off whenever the computer sleeps.
    It didn't used to do that.
    The sleep settings on the computer were the same as they were before.
    Does anyone know what I need to change to make keep the clock displayed?
    Thanks
  • epoch1970
    • Apr 2008

I guess the squeezebox server is on the Mac ?
    If so I suppose you were probably using the Server Power Control plugin to send the transporter over the internet, so that its display remained active when the local server is sleeping.
    Then if I am right, I'd say you should see what gharris999 has to say about this potential issue with his plugin. (see this thread)
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Comment

• Todd R
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by epoch1970
      I guess the squeezebox server is on the Mac ?
      If so I suppose you were probably using the Server Power Control plugin to send the transporter over the internet, so that its display remained active when the local server is sleeping.
      Then if I am right, I'd say you should see what gharris999 has to say about this potential issue with his plugin. (see this thread)
      Yes it's a Mac (Unless Windows stole the name :-))

I've never used that plug in and I just searched the settings and it's not there. '

Must be something else.

Comment

• sebp
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Todd R
        Since upgrading to Mac OS Lion, the Transporter shuts off whenever the computer sleeps.
        That's the way it's supposed to work, since the Transporter has absolutely no knowledge of the current date and time, and requires its server to be up and running to show any screensaver.
        When its server shuts down or goes to sleep, the Transporter will complain for 5 or 10 seconds it has lost access to its server, and will display nothing more.

Originally posted by Todd R
        It didn't used to do that.
        My Transporter and SB3 always did, as far as I can remember, and I'm not alone:

My best guess is that your Mac didn't really go to sleep, previously.
        My Mini running 10.5 is configured to enter suspend mode after 15 minutes, but it quite never does... unless all applications are closed and services stopped.
        The few times it happened, I had to reboot the machine because at wake up, it wouldn't recognize my bluetooth mouse or keyboard any more.
        Last.fm

Comment

• cjfreitag
          • Nov 2010

Lion changed the power handling on the Mac. I noticed that the alarm function on my SB Boom became unreliable after I upgraded to Lion. I changed the power saving setting on th Mac to never sleep and it's been fine since. See if that fixes your issue.

Comment

Working...