PDA

View Full Version : Support for Logitech Revue (GoogleTV)?

pankajbshah
2011-08-10, 17:02
Hi,

Is Squeezebox functionality ever going to be supported on Logitech's GoogleTV box?

Thanks,
Pankaj

erland
2011-08-10, 20:36
Depends what you mean, if you mean accessing the music library in SBS and play music from it on the Revue, I think the plan is to support that in Squeezebox Server 7.7.

However, there aren't any indications that it will ever support Squeezebox specific features like synchronized playback between two players.

tamanaco
2011-08-11, 04:02
Hi,

Is Squeezebox functionality ever going to be supported on Logitech's GoogleTV box?

Thanks,
Pankaj

Squeezebox Server 7.7 renamed Logitech Media Server (LMS) 7.7 is in its very early beta stages and it appears that it'll support GoogleTV (Logitech Media Player) playback via an official UPnP DLNA plugin. Eventually you should be able to "browse" other media types in your media library via the Web UI of LMS, but as Erland mentioned, "playback" appears to be limited by the specific features supported via the plugin. You can get "some" details about LMS in this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=86628

pankajbshah
2011-08-11, 08:02
I appreciate your answers. I am primarily looking to have the Revue be a client that can access and play the music from a SBS, and it looks likt LMS 7.7 might do the trick once it is available/deployed on GTV.

Pankaj