PDA

View Full Version : Updating playlists

mark1007
2011-08-10, 12:33
I've added some playlists and deleted others in itunes but when I use my squeezebox remote it's not showing the changes. Any suggestions?

Mnyb
2011-08-10, 12:37
Do a scan for playlists or new and changed .

playlist changes are not automatically picked up by SBS

mark1007
2011-08-13, 12:07
Ok - I rescanned them but they still weren't showing up on the squeezebox remote, nor on the online remote. I uninstalled then reinstalled the squeezebox software and it found the new playlists a few days ago. Now that I've gone back on none of the playlists show up but all of the music still shows up. Why would it be there one day and not the next?

simonjedrake
2011-08-13, 13:42
Ok - I rescanned them but they still weren't showing up on the squeezebox remote, nor on the online remote. I uninstalled then reinstalled the squeezebox software and it found the new playlists a few days ago. Now that I've gone back on none of the playlists show up but all of the music still shows up. Why would it be there one day and not the next?

This has often happened to me over the years especialy when doing upgrades, I easily fix it by doing a scan using the option "Clear libary & rescan evertyhing" when all my playlists reappear by magic.............

Mnyb
2011-08-13, 13:50
Wich version btw release 7.6.0 has an issues when setting the music directory and the playlist directory as the same, this gives weird results .

7.6.1 has a remaining issue where "scan for new and changed" wipes the playlists if you use exceptions for playlist file types in your music directory ,it's in the advanced settings it's not on by default so if don't know what it is you are probably not using this function.

"Scan for playlist" or " Clear and rescan everything" brings them back .

It may have more failure modes when using iTune or mip , which i don't do so i would not know.