PDA

View Full Version : Forced to update?

slippyr4
2011-08-09, 10:36
Hi All,

I've been avoiding updating to 7.6 until many of the complaints settle down.
However, I get home from work today and my touch is displaying a screen about updating itself to 7.6, and I cannot see any option to cancel.

I don't want to update now, and I resent being forced. Why is it doing this to me?

My sbs is still version 7.5.5 and my squeezebox radio is unaffected.

I don't like this squeezebox system if logitech can force my players into updating when they want, not when I want. It's wholly unacceptable.

Does anyone know why this is happening or know a way to cancel out of the forced updated?

thasnks

slip

Soulkeeper
2011-08-09, 10:59
Sweep the screen (backward/right?) with a finger. Pressing "back" on the remote might also help, but I'm not sure about the last one.

erland
2011-08-09, 11:02
It is probably connected to mysqueezbox.com, maybe because your computer has been powered off or it lost the contact with it.

Hold left arrow on IR remote a few seconds to cancel the firmware upgrade and then goto My Music/Artists so it connects to your local server.

Mnyb
2011-08-09, 11:05
When you have reconected to your local server use the web-UI press the settings link in bottom rigth corner, go to the advanced tab choose "software updates" on the tab, now set sbs to not check for updates

slippyr4
2011-08-09, 14:03
thanks for the tips guys, i'm all sorted now.