PDA

View Full Version : boom keeps reverting to line in mode during playlists

mauler
2011-07-26, 03:48
well that title kinda says it all. I got a second hand boom recently, have performed a factory reset and the mac address is my own, the problem is that at random times during a playlist, which can be local files, squeezebox.com or spotify, the boom will switch itself to line in mode, thereby stopping playback. it's like it thinks line in is a track, and it lists it in the current playlist. I have to skip 'the track' in order for the playlist to resume. it's been doing this ever since I bought it. any ideas please?

toby10
2011-07-26, 05:06
..... I got a second hand boom recently, have performed a factory reset and the mac address is my own....

Do you mean you changed the MAC address of the Boom?
Did you setup the Boom with your own MySB.com account? If yes, are you certain it is connecting to your MySB account?

If you created the MAC and/or your Boom is not connecting to your MySB.com account then the Boom might be getting it's settings (like Line In) from another MySB account.

mauler
2011-07-26, 09:43
sorry, yes I meant the MAC address. it's mine. accesses all my favourites and so on. I can't understand why it switches to line in. but even if it wasn't my MAC address, is there even a setting that would make the boom suddenly go to line in mode halfway through an album? in the settings it's says 'line in always off'. thanks.

toby10
2011-07-26, 12:56
The only thing that comes to mind is if you switch the Boom between SBS server and MySB.com, each server may have a different setting for Line In.
I'd check via the web UI for both, make sure it is set to OFF on both.

And again, if you created that MAC address on your own there may be a conflict with another SB player with the same MAC address on MySB.com.
Dunno, just thinking of possible culprits.

Mnyb
2011-07-26, 14:53
The MAC should simply match whats on the sticker, all else is problem

mauler
2011-07-26, 23:50
it also turns itself on and starts playing music for no reason that I can see. no alarms are set. know why would this happen? is there a chance I've got a faulty unit? :(

toby10
2011-07-27, 02:41
it also turns itself on and starts playing music for no reason that I can see. no alarms are set. know why would this happen? is there a chance I've got a faulty unit? :(

Verify the Boom's MAC address is identical to that on the Boom's label.
If the MAC is the same as another SB player then your Boom might play/do what the other player is playing/doing.

If MAC is same as label, call Logitech support.
If MAC is different because you changed it, don't bother calling support cuz they will only tell you to change it back to the correct MAC.