PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Spotify on SB Touch via browser

jclyle
2011-07-19, 16:58
Hello-
Signed up for Spotify Premium today. I'm able to play on my Touch without any issues :)
I can browse using the remote, and also using iPeng.

What i'd like to is browse using my laptop and a browser. Searching using the remote is frustrating. Is this possible? Browsing on an Ipad or iPhone is great, but when using my laptop I don't want to use another device :)

jclyle
2011-07-19, 17:08
FYI, I had Spotify on my Touch playing in another room. Opened the Spotify app on my Macbook Pro and started streaming a song. The Touch stopped playing. As soon as I paused the song on my Macbook I was able to resume playback on the Touch.

toby10
2011-07-20, 04:27
I don't use Spotify but I assume you can access the Spotify App on your laptop a number of ways as with the other Apps.

Some laptop access points....
Full SBS server on PC/Mac/NAS: SBS web UI, remote SBS web UI, software player
MySqueezeBox.com: Remote Control web UI, software player
Touch's inbuilt TinySBS: software player

nelamvr6
2011-07-20, 06:24
I do exactly what you're talking about, it's simple.

On your laptop, just open your browser of choice.

Then in the browser address bar type in:

Server IP Address:9000

Replace "Server IP Address" with the IP address of the computer on which Squeezebox Server is running. and you should be looking at Squeezebox Server's web interface.

Then go to town. You should see the Spotify Plug-in under My Apps.

If your server computer has a firewall you may need to adjust the settings to permit your notebook to have access.

Also, the HTTP port is 9000 by default, but if you've changed it simply substitute the new address for :9000.

You can find the Server IP address and the HTTP Port Number by going to Settings > Information in Squeezebox Server.

jclyle
2011-07-20, 09:12
This works fine, thanks!

I do exactly what you're talking about, it's simple.

On your laptop, just open your browser of choice.

Then in the browser address bar type in:

Server IP Address:9000

Replace "Server IP Address" with the IP address of the computer on which Squeezebox Server is running. and you should be looking at Squeezebox Server's web interface.

Then go to town. You should see the Spotify Plug-in under My Apps.

If your server computer has a firewall you may need to adjust the settings to permit your notebook to have access.

Also, the HTTP port is 9000 by default, but if you've changed it simply substitute the new address for :9000.

You can find the Server IP address and the HTTP Port Number by going to Settings > Information in Squeezebox Server.