PDA

View Full Version : Remote control won't stop

superbonham
2011-07-18, 08:14
Hi there,

I have a strange problem wit my Boom: every now and then when I use the remote control the value changes without being able to stop it again. This behaviour is very cumbersome if I try to select a specific artist, album or track, but it really gets annoying (and even "dangerous") when I try to adjust the volume and the Boom automatically goes up to 100/max.

I am running Boom firmware version 54 btw.

Does anybody know how to stop this behaviout? Looking forward to any hints!

Many thanks

Ben

krochat
2011-07-18, 09:20
I have a strange problem wit my Boom: every now and then when I use the remote control the value changes without being able to stop it again. ...

Sometimes the infrared receiver for a remote control can be confused by florescent lights. If there are any near the Boom see if the problem happens with them turned off.

Good luck,
Kim

TiredLegs
2011-07-19, 11:15
Sometimes the infrared receiver for a remote control can be confused by florescent lights.
This includes compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs).

Also, to help diagnose whether the problem is in the remote control itself or in the Boom, when it's happening, immediately cover the front of the remote (IR emitter) with your hand and see if it continues or stops.

superbonham
2011-07-25, 04:22
Dear krochat/Kim, dear TiredLegs,

many thanks for your replies and the suggestions. I already reproduced the problem in complete darkness, so fluorescent (ambient) light does not seem to be the source.

I will do some further analysis (including the tip with covering up the IR receiver) and post my findings. As I just got an additional SB Radio - which I believe to work with the remote as well - I can also do some cross checks to see if the remote control is faulty or not.

Thanks again for your support,

Cheers

Ben