PDA

View Full Version : Spotify and SB 1

jallison
2011-07-15, 14:00
Like many folks in the US I'm trying out Spotify. But I cannot get it to work with my Squeezebox 1. The Triode plugin support SB2 and later. The Logitech plugin doesn't really say what it supports but it doesn't work -- simply gives me errors about file types. And lots of these errors in the log:

[11-07-15 13:55:41.7899] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [13:55:41.7896] Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1571.

I realize the SB 1 is old hardware, but it does what it's supposed to do and I never saw any reason to spend several hundred dollars to replace it. Has anyone been able to get Spotify to work with this hardware? Thanks.

- Jeff

Triode
2011-07-15, 14:03
Like many folks in the US I'm trying out Spotify. But I cannot get it to work with my Squeezebox 1. The Triode plugin support SB2 and later. The Logitech plugin doesn't really say what it supports but it doesn't work -- simply gives me errors about file types. And lots of these errors in the log:

[11-07-15 13:55:41.7899] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [13:55:41.7896] Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Player/StreamingController.pm line 1571.

I realize the SB 1 is old hardware, but it does what it's supposed to do and I never saw any reason to spend several hundred dollars to replace it. Has anyone been able to get Spotify to work with this hardware? Thanks.

- Jeff

Sorry - there is no way to do this via either the official spotify plugin or my one. The official plugin only supports the players on sale now - i.e. Touch and Radio. My plugin only supports Squeezebox 2 and later as you say.

jallison
2011-07-15, 14:08
Sorry - there is no way to do this via either the official spotify plugin or my one. The official plugin only supports the players on sale now - i.e. Touch and Radio. My plugin only supports Squeezebox 2 and later as you say.
OK, thanks for the confirmation. Time to investigate new streaming methods I guess.

- Jeff