PDA

View Full Version : Spotify (U.S.) Problems

kristina
2011-07-14, 10:51
I just registered for Spotify Premium, and installed the official app. Problem is, many tracks I select generate the message "this track is not available in your region." The same tracks play just fine on my computer.

Is there a fix for this or should I just go back to Rhapsody?

pski
2011-07-15, 15:09
I just registered for Spotify Premium, and installed the official app. Problem is, many tracks I select generate the message "this track is not available in your region." The same tracks play just fine on my computer.

A question for Spotify, I would say

pdawg17
2011-07-15, 19:45

Yeah...just signed up today and already I wish I could get my money back...I got Premium so I could have continuous music through my SB Touch to my whole house audio and I've realized that EVERY TIME it says "...not available in your region" (which is very often) the music stops and I have to restart it manually...Spotify is worthless for me at this point...

maggior
2011-07-16, 05:28
I'm not having a good Spotify experience either. I tried using it on my Touch and I get some sort of network error. It doesn't work at all on my iPod Touch. The only place it works is on my laptop. Unless things change in the next month, I won't be renewing. I'm having good luck with Napster so far - I may just stick with that.

kristina
2011-07-16, 12:06
Yeah...just signed up today and already I wish I could get my money back...I got Premium so I could have continuous music through my SB Touch to my whole house audio and I've realized that EVERY TIME it says "...not available in your region" (which is very often) the music stops and I have to restart it manually...Spotify is worthless for me at this point...

I installed Triode's plugin, and it works much better than the official app. Try that on instead.

)p(
2011-07-17, 04:36
The unavailable in your region bug is an issue with the official plugin that affects all regions.

I installed Triode's plugin, and it works much better than the official app. Try that on instead.

Indeed Triode's does this correctly. If you can go with Triode's, it has much more features and is way more stable. It also cashes your music so you are less dependent on perfect internet connections. The only drawback is you cant stream different songs at once to different players.

Ikabob
2011-07-17, 05:03
I am also having some issues with Spotify . I like the fidelity though. I plan on stickin around because I believe the issues will be addressed....I hope.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2011-07-17, 16:33
i cant search much,keep getting 502 bad gateway on Spotify

nelamvr6
2011-07-17, 16:48
I concur with kristina, Triode's plug-in works MUCH better than the official plug-in.

MeSue
2011-07-17, 18:38
I'm not having a good Spotify experience either. I tried using it on my Touch and I get some sort of network error. It doesn't work at all on my iPod Touch. The only place it works is on my laptop. Unless things change in the next month, I won't be renewing. I'm having good luck with Napster so far - I may just stick with that.

I've been using it on my ipod touch without a problem. I had a problem with it not advancing to the next song, but there was an update a couple days ago to fix that.

maggior
2011-07-18, 06:09
I've been using it on my ipod touch without a problem. I had a problem with it not advancing to the next song, but there was an update a couple days ago to fix that.

That's interesting. What version iPod Touch do you have (3G, 4G)? Are you running the latest iOS (4.2.x)?

I figured out how to contact Spotify directly and send them a message with the details of my issue. Hopefully I get a response soon. I'm hoping it just something that isn't configured with my account correctly. I can't use the official Logitech app at all on my SB Touch - I wonder if the issues are related.

I'm having great luck with Triode's plugin though! If it weren't for that, I'd be asking for my money back by now :-).

MeSue
2011-07-18, 13:54
That's interesting. What version iPod Touch do you have (3G, 4G)? Are you running the latest iOS (4.2.x)?

iPod touch 4 running 4.2.2 (jail broken, but I don't think that matters).

I've been visiting my in-laws so have been using it all weekend on the itouch. I'm enjoying it.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it?

Hope you get it figured out soon!

maggior
2011-07-18, 14:58
Hi Sue -

Thanks for the info. Yes, I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. It also updated over the weekend - no joy. I tried low bandwidth and high bandwidth. I also tried downloading a track - wouldn't do it.

My iPod Touch is a 64GB 3G. I can't imagine that's the issue - I know 1G doesn't work.

It's funny that you are using it at your in-laws because that's one of the uses I see for using it on my iPod Touch. During our last visit there a week ago I was playing around with Napster.

If/When I get this figured out, I'll post here.

Thanks,
Rich

maggior
2011-07-19, 06:41
If/When I get this figured out, I'll post here.
Rich

It's now working both on my iPod Touch and through the official plugin on my Squeezebox Touch. Over the weekend I sent an email to Spotify about the problem. Last night I sent another one since I hadn't received a response from my previous message. Last night before going to bed, it magically started working. I didn't change anything on my end, so I wonder if they tweaked something on their end.

I'm impressed with the gapless playback on the Squeezebox both through the 3rd party plug-in and the official Logitech plugin. Not too surprisingly, the iPod app doesn't do gapless playback. I'll go beat that drum over in the Spotify forums :-).

For those Berlin School EM fans out there, you'll be surprised to know that the entire Redshift catalog (excluding the latest release) are there. Wow! I own all of the CDs, so it really doesn't matter to me much, but I was really surprised. Very cool!

So at this point, I am a happy Spotify customer.