PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stations won't play when on Server.....

jeff52807
2011-07-10, 10:57
......but will if I switch to mysqueezebox.com. On both Duet and Boom.

Any ideas? Running version 7.5.1.r9009.

Atlantic
2011-07-10, 12:21
......but will if I switch to mysqueezebox.com. On both Duet and Boom.

Any ideas? Running version 7.5.1.r9009.

I don't use mysqueezebox.com, but I do use the SBS. I've had a similar problem lately, which was due to an incorrect setting on one of our proxy servers. But, if I understand the SQ protocol correctly, I can imagine a couple of problems which could cause this:

IF the radio station required the SBS to transcode for the player, THEN if the computer running SBS (not SBS itself, but the underlying computer software system, such as Windows, or Linux) did not have a 'gateway' to the internet (there's a network field for this), or did not use a working DNS server (there's a network field for this, as well), then I think you would find that those radio stations would not play.

If the SBS was set to use a proxy server (Advanced, Network, Proxy) AND the proxy server either did not have a gateway to the internet, or did not have a correct DNS server entry (that is what happened to me recently after a power outage upset the proxy server here), then I think you would find that no radio stations would play.

There may well be other possible reasons.

If you can,
(a) check the Gateway, and DNS settings on the computer running SBS, and even check whether it can reach the internet for browsing, etc (although that's not a perfect test because browsers can be set up to use a proxy which bypasses the gateway setting anyway).
(b) check whether SBS is set up to use a proxy and, if so, check whether the Gateway and DNS settings are correct on the proxy server [ignore this if SBS is not using a proxy server].
(c) if browsing works, check if the browser is using a proxy server because, if it is, SBS may need to do so, as well.

regards,
Atlantic

toby10
2011-07-10, 13:22
Did this use to work with SBS?

Go to SBS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?

Might try a router & server reboot. Usual suspects are firewall and/or anti virus. Any computer updates lately that may have effected this?

jeff52807
2011-07-10, 14:31
Did this use to work with SBS?

Go to SBS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?

Might try a router & server reboot. Usual suspects are firewall and/or anti virus. Any computer updates lately that may have effected this?

Thanks! A router and server reboot seems to have solved the problem.

When in doubt, reboot. Sorry to have taken up your time Guys.

kappclark
2011-07-16, 17:46
No problem - enjoy seeing this solved so easily...I always check the physical layer first before diving in deeper..and BTW I never use the MySB anymore...only SBS.. what was confusing me early on was the defaulting to MySB.com when the server was not running/or connected..