X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wonder boy
    • Mar 2008

Which AV/ firewall for server

Hi all
    Reasonably experience user with 2 booms, radio and SB3. All music is FLAC on xp server.

I use both iPeng and the free logitech controller on my iPhone. The problem is that neither of them are totally reliable or stable.

iPeng seems to be constantly synchronising the cache but then gets stuck about half way.

The logitech controller often just hangs with the spinner going but unresponsive otherwise.

I have MSE and comodo on my server, when I deselect real time protection on MSE iPeng seems much happier. I have also removed comodo to see if this has any effect.

What AV/firewall do others use reliable in my situation. The only time I connect to the internet on server pc is when I am ripping with DB

Thank you
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by wonder boy
    Hi all
    Reasonably experience user with 2 booms, radio and SB3. All music is FLAC on xp server.

I use both iPeng and the free logitech controller on my iPhone. The problem is that neither of them are totally reliable or stable.

iPeng seems to be constantly synchronising the cache but then gets stuck about half way.

The logitech controller often just hangs with the spinner going but unresponsive otherwise.

I have MSE and comodo on my server, when I deselect real time protection on MSE iPeng seems much happier. I have also removed comodo to see if this has any effect.

What AV/firewall do others use reliable in my situation. The only time I connect to the internet on server pc is when I am ripping with DB

Thank you
    I use MSE, latest version on several different WIN7 and WINxp machines and have no issues with SbS. And I use ipeng on iphone and ipengHD on ipad.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• wonder boy
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by garym
      I use MSE, latest version on several different WIN7 and WINxp machines and have no issues with SbS. And I use ipeng on iphone and ipengHD on ipad.
      Shoot! I expected someone to reply as such, wonder what could be my issue then?

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Shoot! I expected someone to reply as such, wonder what could be my issue then?
        in your MSE settings, under "excluded file types", be sure to add these file extensions:

MY*
        MYI
        MYD
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• wonder boy
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by garym
          in your MSE settings, under "excluded file types", be sure to add these file extensions:

MY*
          MYI
          MYD
          Thanks, says * cannot be used as a file extension, added other two

Comment

• JJZolx
            • Apr 2005

I don't use any A/V or firewall on my home file/SBS server. A/V isn't a terrible idea, but I don't like the overhead. Instead, running a daily or weekly file scan seems sufficient.

I do all of my rips on a PC, then send the finished files to the server.

Comment

• garym
              • May 2008

Thanks, says * cannot be used as a file extension, added other two
              that should be fine. although odd, as I have all three as excluded extensions in my MSE

Comment

Working...