PDA

View Full Version : Help! Upgrade broke my Duet

profhawking
2011-07-02, 04:01
I made the mistake of trying to upgrade my squeezebox server yesterday.
Since then, my duet stopped working. Try as i might, i cant get it going again.

I have performed a factory reset on both the controller and the receiver.

Following the steps documented here: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11915

all goes ok until step 9, where instead of asking for me to select a music source, the controller hangs for a long time connecting to my network, then says "we couldn't connect to %s. make sure your computer is turned on"... etc.
i have the option to try again - same thing, or skip - does nothing.

The receiver has a blue led at this point, and the server seems to be running fine. softsqueeze players are ok, no firewall or wifi changes have been made since it was working.
i cant get past this point! its driving me nuts.

Can anyone help?

slate
2011-07-02, 04:13
I had that issue twice when doing a reset.
In both cases I found that the SBS process on the server was eating a core on the CPU.
I killed it and restarted SBS and I was able to perform the setup.

profhawking
2011-07-02, 04:19
ive seen it maxing out a core before, but at the moment that seems fine. i stopped and restarted the squeezebox service just in case, but the same thing happens. :(

w3wilkes
2011-07-02, 05:56
What OS? With Windows 7 there have been reports of firewall problems after upgrades. Have you tried disabling the firewall and then going through the setup?

profhawking
2011-07-02, 05:59
the squeezebox server software is running on a windows server 2003 box. its not running any firewall software, and the built in one is disabled. i rely on my router firewall. everything is connected to the one lan, so nothing should be blocked. A simple set up really, and its always worked before...

w3wilkes
2011-07-02, 06:57
The blue light says that the receiver got a IP address from DHCP, but is not connected to your server. Have you tried doing a shutdown of the server and router and then bringing them back up and then re-initialize the SBR and Controller?

profhawking
2011-07-02, 07:14
success! idont know why i didnt think that would help, but a physical reboot of the server fixed it. now just to set up my controller preferences all over again...

i feel embarrassed for not having tried that first now, i should have known better!

thanks w3wilkes

garym
2011-07-02, 07:32
success! idont know why i didnt think that would help, but a physical reboot of the server fixed it. now just to set up my controller preferences all over again...

i feel embarrassed for not having tried that first now, i should have known better!

thanks w3wilkes

excellent. Yes, many problems can often be solved with either (1) retart server or (2) turn off/remove power to everything, then start rebooting with Router first, then computer/SbS server, then SB players....

profhawking
2011-07-02, 07:36
true. although in this case, the router was fine, didnt need to reboot that.
cheers guys