PDA

View Full Version : 0 artist

capi762000
2011-07-01, 12:34
Hi, I have a very strange problem, after reorganizing my very large library (more than 43000 songs) from three separate hard disks to a single one I cleaned up my db and done a full scan. The libray scan finds all the songs and the albums but no artist is present at all! My system is a windows xp machine with squeezebox server version 7.5.4 (I also tried installing 7.6.0 beta which crashed all the time)
I found this error on scanner.log

[11-07-01 00:16:00.3742] Slim::Utils::SQLHelper::executeSQLFile (85) Error: Couldn't execute SQL statement: [INSERT INTO contributor_album (role,contributor,album) SELECT DISTINCT role,contributor,album FROM contributor_track,tracks where tracks.id=contributor_track.track;] : [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`slimserver/contributor_album`, CONSTRAINT `contributor_album_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`album`) REFERENCES `albums` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\scanner.exe>Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 86

The library worked flawlessy from years and an exact copy of the library folder works flawlessy on my office pc (installed the same day, same folder structure and files).
I tried uninstalling squeezebox server and cleaning the preferences without success.

Please help me, any suggestion is welcome!
Max

w3wilkes
2011-07-01, 16:36
There are many reports of the scanner failing in 7.5.4 and windows xp. Some work arounds are posted over in the squeezebox server forum on this board.

capi762000
2011-07-02, 08:38
Thank you very much, I read all the thread (I read it two week ago without finding anything) and solved substituting scanner.exe with the one from the 7.5.2 installation.

Max