PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox control app for the HP Touchpad

wt0
2011-06-30, 15:39
For any potential buyers of the HP Touchpad, Squeeze Control XL is on its way. For more info + screenshots:

http://forums.precentral.net/angrygoat/286431-squeeze-control-xl-touchpad.html

bluegaspode
2011-06-30, 21:10
One cannot see the pictures, if one is not registered at the other forum.

wt0
2011-06-30, 21:21
One cannot see the pictures, if one is not registered at the other forum.

Sorry I didn't realize that.

bobharp
2011-07-01, 12:26
Sweet. I wish I had the money to fork over for a Touchpad. Squeeze Control on my Pre phone has been rock solid.
Thanks

fphredd
2011-08-23, 04:51
Is this still in development? Thinking of picking one up for $99 if I can find one. This app would help me decide :D

carrera
2011-08-23, 04:58
Hi,

afaik the HP Touchpad is dead!

Right now they try to sell out the stock to the employees (around 60 Euro)-

carrera

pippin
2011-08-23, 05:18

Right now, they are already completely sold out...

DITC101
2011-08-23, 08:51
Hi,

afaik the HP Touchpad is dead!

carrera

the german webshop of HP is now down most of the time for the second day due to the high demand.
Some Android guys are also trying to port Android to the Touchpad.

slate
2011-08-23, 09:12
Personally I still cant see what I should use a tablet for as I have a laptop. But for that kind of money I would buy a Touchpad on the spot.
No doubt that Android is in route

wt0
2011-08-23, 12:21
Is this still in development? Thinking of picking one up for $99 if I can find one. This app would help me decide :D
Squeeze Control XL is already available for the Touchpad, but all major developments on it has been suspended until I have a clearer picture of the future of webOS. However, I'll still fix any bugs that may crop up.

pski
2011-08-23, 18:35
For any potential buyers of the HP Touchpad, Squeeze Control XL is on its way. For more info + screenshots:

http://forums.precentral.net/angrygoat/286431-squeeze-control-xl-touchpad.html

What does 'default' look like? Screenshots may or may not be representative of the real world..

People still don't understand that Squeezebox Server is a website !

Paul

wt0
2011-08-23, 20:37
What does 'default' look like? Screenshots may or may not be representative of the real world..

People still don't understand that Squeezebox Server is a website !

Paul

What do you mean by default? This isn't an app running in a web browser. This is an actual mobile app running on a Touchpad tablet. The screenshots were taken of the app while it was running on the tablet so they are exactly what the app looks like. I didn't even change the resolution of the images.

jean2
2011-08-25, 22:39
However, I'll still fix any bugs that may crop up.

Thanks for fixing the bug I found, now it's working properly with TinySBS 7.6.1.

Regards,

Jean

wt0
2011-08-25, 23:06
Thanks for fixing the bug I found, now it's working properly with TinySBS 7.6.1.

Regards,

Jean

Thanks for helping me test the fix. You're the first person I've heard of who tried SqzCtrl XL with the Touch as the server.

franklyfred
2011-08-26, 18:32
SqzCtrl XL great app for the TouchPad takes the Touch to a new level. Love it. Lucked out and only waited 45 mins at BBuy to get one after they were all sold out? kudos to the Angry Goat. Spotify comes off very well.

danull
2011-08-27, 22:24
Automatic server discovery coming or no given current circumstances?

wt0
2011-08-31, 22:12
Automatic server discovery coming or no given current circumstances?

Depends on if webOS has a future, which we should find out in the coming weeks.

Of course, I might also get bored and just put it in there for the heck it :)

jrgarrett
2011-09-01, 05:59
I am using the official 7.6.1 with Squeeze Control XL and note that when I add the TrackStat plugin and go to the "My Music" menu I get Error [object Error]. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?

wt0
2011-09-01, 10:34
I am using the official 7.6.1 with Squeeze Control XL and note that when I add the TrackStat plugin and go to the "My Music" menu I get Error [object Error]. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this?
This is most likely cause by the same bug in SBS 7.6.1 that another user encountered.

On certain platforms the server seems to either not send data when certain menu icons are requested or send corrupted data and this causes the error you see when Squeeze Control XL tries to load the icon. I guess plugins can also cause this to occur.

An update of XL with a fix for has already been submitted and is going through the review process right now.

miab
2011-09-01, 11:04
I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy the XL for $10 if you might not be supporting it in the future. Will you be giving a coupon code or reducing price if you decide to go another route?

Mark Miksis
2011-09-01, 11:14
I'm not sure it's a good idea to buy the XL for $10 if you might not be supporting it in the future. Will you be giving a coupon code or reducing price if you decide to go another route?

And $10 is 10% of the cost of the tablet. ;)

wt0
2011-09-01, 11:23

I'll fix any bugs that might crop up and do any minor tweaks, but any major developments will depend on the future of webOS.

If I do decide to abandon platform, I'll probably just pull the app from the catalog and provide existing users support for some period of time afterwards.

jrgarrett
2011-09-06, 18:03
This is most likely cause by the same bug in SBS 7.6.1 that another user encountered.

On certain platforms the server seems to either not send data when certain menu icons are requested or send corrupted data and this causes the error you see when Squeeze Control XL tries to load the icon. I guess plugins can also cause this to occur.

An update of XL with a fix for has already been submitted and is going through the review process right now.

Thanks for the 1.0.7 update. TrackStat now shows up (and works properly) in the "My Music " menu. One cosmetic issue, the icon for TrackStat is blank. Note that this is a clean install of 7.6.1.

wt0
2011-09-06, 18:59
Thanks for the 1.0.7 update. TrackStat now shows up (and works properly) in the "My Music " menu. One cosmetic issue, the icon for TrackStat is blank. Note that this is a clean install of 7.6.1.

If the icon is blank, that means that server is not sending the icon to the XL. It's a bug in the server, and there's nothing I can do about it.

killie99
2011-09-30, 01:08
Is there a way to quickly jump to a letter of the alphabet when scrolling through the 'artist' list like you can with an ipod? I know I can bring up the keyboard and start typing but it's a bit cumbersome and doesn't 'take' me to a particular point in the list, it only lists artists with those particular sequence of characters. For example, if I type 'pi' i get about 5 artists and I can select 'Pink Floyd'. If I then decide I want to listen to 'Primal Scream' I need to bring up the keyboard and type 'pr' rather than just being able to scroll down from where I currently are in the 'artist' list. Does that make sense? If that's how it works then fair enough, just thought I'd ask incase ther eis something I haven't set up correctly. thanks.

wt0
2011-09-30, 01:37
Is there a way to quickly jump to a letter of the alphabet when scrolling through the 'artist' list like you can with an ipod? I know I can bring up the keyboard and start typing but it's a bit cumbersome and doesn't 'take' me to a particular point in the list, it only lists artists with those particular sequence of characters. For example, if I type 'pi' i get about 5 artists and I can select 'Pink Floyd'. If I then decide I want to listen to 'Primal Scream' I need to bring up the keyboard and type 'pr' rather than just being able to scroll down from where I currently are in the 'artist' list. Does that make sense? If that's how it works then fair enough, just thought I'd ask incase ther eis something I haven't set up correctly. thanks.
Yes it makes sense and no there is currently no way to do that.

I don't think it is actually feasible to do exactly what you want. The main reason is that the lists are loaded incrementally as needed, so searching has to be done by the server and there's no way to get the search to return the item position instead of a list of found items. Also there's no way to search for only items that begin with the search term.

The closest to what you're suggesting is probably something that iPeng for the iPhone/iPad has which I think they call a jump list. It's basically a vertical list of letters on the side of the main list. When you tap a letter, the main list jumps to the section with item names that start with that letter. I'm considering making that an option in a later update, but no guarantees. I don't really like that solution cause it makes the lists look too cluttered.

killie99
2011-09-30, 02:18
ok, no probs. I've used ipeng for a couple of years but when I got a cheap touchpad and tried the sqeeze app I love the way it is set out and the bigger screen makes it so musch easier to use than ipeng on my ipod. I can live with having to type the band name.

johnas
2011-10-01, 06:46
wt0, your Squeeze Controller HD app is very good. I like how I can have different backgrounds for all the squeezeboxes in my house.

The screen shots don't do it justice, anyone who picked up touchpad should get this app.

For long lists some apps have a tab that will appear when you swipe. The user can swipe that tab to move larger jumps through the list.

GretelNick
2012-01-02, 15:11
What a fantastic app! A must have, I'd say, for any Touchpad and Squeezebox owner.

audiot
2012-01-13, 11:24
I just want to give you my kudos for this apps. Very slick. It gave my enjoyment of my squeeze devices have new life.