PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla FireFox

martinshaw
2011-06-26, 13:59
New computer Win7 64bit. Just downloaded slim server - works perfectly but the web control freezes and won't open with Mozilla (the default browser). It works perfectly with internet explorer. Any suggestions? Thanx

MeSue
2011-06-26, 18:47
It hasn't been called SlimServer in a while, are you sure you have the latest version? The web control does work in Firefox 3/4/5 with Win7-64bit. Maybe you have some Firefox add-ons that are conflicting? Dunno about older versions but in Firefox 5 there is an option in the Help menu to restart with extensions disabled.

martinshaw
2011-06-27, 01:10
Thanks Sue - should have called it squeezebox server, old habits die hard.
Disabling the addons has no effect it still just calls up the basic green squeezebox screen and then stays forever trying to complete the logon, whereas internet explorer does the business straight away.

slartibartfast
2011-06-27, 01:17
Exactly the same problem I have but in my case the default UI does not load in any browser (Firefox, I.E or Chrome). Classic and Fishbone work in everything. I've given up trying to solve it now and customer services were no help at all.

Heuer
2011-06-27, 02:01
I seem to recall Firefox blocks the Squeeze server default port so you need to change it (about:config in Firefox). Try a Google search.

Soulkeeper
2011-06-27, 03:03
On my computers with Firefox, SBS works fine.

SBS 7.6 (Win7/x32) + 7.5.4 (ReadyNAS Sparc)
FX 4.0.1 (Win7/x32/x64)

garym
2011-06-27, 04:37
I seem to recall Firefox blocks the Squeeze server default port so you need to change it (about:config in Firefox). Try a Google search.

I've used firefox since version 2 (now on ver 5) and I've never had to change anything about the config of firefox for it to work with my SbS (various versions over the last 3 to 4 years). Currently using 7.5.4 just fine. I do use the "classic" view.

martinshaw
2011-06-27, 04:49
I've re-installed Firefox, followed the web instructions to open the ports and there is no change. Guess Internet Explorer will have to stay

mherger
2011-06-27, 04:51
> I've re-installed Firefox, followed the web instructions to open the
> ports and there is no change. Guess Internet Explorer will have to stay

Do you see any error messages in the browser's JS console or the
server.log?

--

Michael

Heuer
2011-06-27, 10:40
I've re-installed Firefox, followed the web instructions to open the ports and there is no change. Guess Internet Explorer will have to stay

Have you tried Chrome? Far quicker that Firefox. Also have you tried clearing the cache in Firefox?

eganders
2011-06-27, 20:46
I've run into this same problem a couple of times, where the web interface would not run correctly. The problem was with old Squeezebox Server and / or Firefox files, that weren't getting replaced.

Start by cleaning out all of your previous Squeezebox and Firefox settings, including in program files, user directories and registry settings. You want them completely gone (the uninstall programs don't get everything). You can set important items, like bookmarks for FF, aside somewhere and add them back in later. Look around here, or Google, for directions.

After you've cleaned it all out, setup a fresh copy of both programs, unpolluted by previous settings, and SBS and FF should work fine together.

toby10
2011-06-28, 03:47
FireFox 5.0 + SBS 7.5.4 running fine for me on XP, both SBS and remote SBS web UI's load fine.
Might be a Win7 issue with FF, or as suggested a settings issue with the two.

garym
2011-06-28, 04:27
Might be a Win7 issue with FF, or as suggested a settings issue with the two.

definitely not a widespread Win7/FF issue. I run FF 5 (and 4 before) on two different standard Win7(64) machines, both with SbS, and no special settings needed (default install of FF).

bwaldron
2011-06-28, 09:39
definitely not a widespread Win7/FF issue. I run FF 5 (and 4 before) on two different standard Win7(64) machines, both with SbS, and no special settings needed (default install of FF).

No Firefox issues with Squeezebox Server here either, on Win7 32 or 64 bit machines.

martinshaw
2011-07-01, 02:56
I've run into this same problem a couple of times, where the web interface would not run correctly. The problem was with old Squeezebox Server and / or Firefox files, that weren't getting replaced.

Start by cleaning out all of your previous Squeezebox and Firefox settings, including in program files, user directories and registry settings. You want them completely gone (the uninstall programs don't get everything). You can set important items, like bookmarks for FF, aside somewhere and add them back in later. Look around here, or Google, for directions.

After you've cleaned it all out, setup a fresh copy of both programs, unpolluted by previous settings, and SBS and FF should work fine together.
Thanks Eganders - I've gone back to my old steam driven Win XP system while I have family staying. I'll resume battle with Win7 next week and try your advice.

samantha89
2011-07-04, 06:23
My Firefox v4 is running fine with SBS 7.6 on Win7, but it eats up too much resources, and eventually I need to reset my PC.