PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Song Titles

MRL_SQBX
2011-06-26, 11:21
I have 2 Radios and 1 Boom in addition to using Softsqueeze on a pc. None of them get the song title only the Sirius/XM station name. I have played with the Display options in the settings section of each player and no choice seems to make a difference. Any thoughts appreciated.

bwaldron
2011-06-28, 09:46
I have 2 Radios and 1 Boom in addition to using Softsqueeze on a pc. None of them get the song title only the Sirius/XM station name. I have played with the Display options in the settings section of each player and no choice seems to make a difference. Any thoughts appreciated.

Softsqueeze won't show the artist/track info, as it has to transcode the WMA streams for playback and that metadata is lost in the process. Your hardware players should show the info, however. If they aren't, perhaps you have the players synced, or have Squeezebox Server set up to transcode the streams it is sending to the players?

MRL_SQBX
2011-06-28, 12:06
Softsqueeze won't show the artist/track info, as it has to transcode the WMA streams for playback and that metadata is lost in the process. Your hardware players should show the info, however. If they aren't, perhaps you have the players synced, or have Squeezebox Server set up to transcode the streams it is sending to the players?

Actually Softsqueeze will show artist and track info. It just won't when it's sync'd with any hardware player. Syncing the two together eliminates the ability to get title information on any machine, Softsqueeze, Radio or Boom. Once I un-sync'd them I was good to go. Thanks though.

bwaldron
2011-06-28, 15:31
Actually Softsqueeze will show artist and track info.

Interesting. I have never been able to see that SiriusXM info on software-based players, only my hardware players. (Though I haven't used Softsqueeze in a while, only occasionally SqueezePlay or SqueezeSlave.)

EDIT: Just tested, and I still see only the channel title using any of the software players (Softsqueeze, SqueezePlay or SqueezeSlave) to play a SiriusXM channel. No biggie for me, as I have hardware players everywhere.

Glad you got things sorted out.

MRL_SQBX
2011-06-28, 18:28
You have to make the changes in the settings section for the software player. Once that was done I restarted the server then the player and both artist and song were available to me. Again the software player can not be synchronized to the hardware players for this to work.