PDA

View Full Version : Prolem installing via rpm/rpmbuild

Avestan
2011-06-25, 14:03
Hello everyone,

I am trying to install heartbeat via rpm/rpmbuild and I am having an unusual problem.

I am running Fedora 7 on this box and this is the steps that I am taking:

1. downloading the software "heartbeat-2.0.8-1.fc7.src.rpm" into directory "/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/"

2. I am unpacking the source rpm file using the command "rpm -i /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/heartbeat-2.0.8-1.fc7.src.rpm"

This creates an spec file "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/heartbeat.spec" in addition to couple of patch file and the tarball under the folder "/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/"

3. I install the software by running the following command, "rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/heartbeat.spec"

Once the above command is issued, it appears that the prep, build, and installation is done with no issue as I see lots of things happening on my screen and I don't get any errors at the end. But when I use the following command to see the rpm has been installed, "rpm -qa | grep -i heartbeat", I don't get anything back. Basically, the software is not installed as I cannot find it also on the system.

I have tried the above on couple of different boxes running fedora 7 and the result has been identical.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Avestan