PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: using controller as MP3 player

jonmhall
2011-06-18, 09:01
Can someone tell me how to enable the controller on the Duet to listen to the music streaming from the server through h/phones whilst moving around the house. When I plug the h/phones in I can hear the system sounds but not the streaming music. Thanks

aubuti
2011-06-18, 09:11
Welcome to the forums. First you need to enable playback on the SB Controller (SBC), via Settings > Advanced > Beta Features > Audio Playback. Then you should be able to choose the SBC as a player under Settings > Choose Player. If you don't see it listed under Choose Player, try rebooting the SBC and then looking again under Choose Player.

kidstypike
2011-06-18, 09:14
Can someone tell me how to enable the controller on the Duet to listen to the music streaming from the server through h/phones whilst moving around the house. When I plug the h/phones in I can hear the system sounds but not the streaming music. Thanks

On the Controller > Settings > Advanced > Beta Features > Audio Playback > Enable Playback (Beta)
Then go to Choose Player and select your Controller.

Sorry, after you aubuti

jonmhall
2011-06-18, 09:31
Many thanks both that fixed it. I knew there must be a way to do that. Just acquired this SB and I can't imagine how I managed without it. Cheers