PDA

View Full Version : Question about reading iTunes library

Urf
2011-06-16, 05:30
Hello,

I'm brand new to the wonderful world of Squeezebox. I've been using the Squeezebox server to stream files from a local drive as well as use my iTunes library that's hosted on a NAS in my local network. Everything is working well except I can't seem to figure out why some songs from my iTunes library show up in SB, and some don't. I've been ripping our CD collection to iTunes and I've noticed that most CD's will show up, but some just can't be found. Could someone point me to information (or explain) why this might be happening and some suggestions to fix it?

TIA!

Urfi

pski
2011-06-16, 08:05
Hello,

I'm brand new to the wonderful world of Squeezebox. I've been using the Squeezebox server to stream files from a local drive as well as use my iTunes library that's hosted on a NAS in my local network. Everything is working well except I can't seem to figure out why some songs from my iTunes library show up in SB, and some don't. I've been ripping our CD collection to iTunes and I've noticed that most CD's will show up, but some just can't be found. Could someone point me to information (or explain) why this might be happening and some suggestions to fix it?

TIA!

Urfi

If you are actively adding to your iTunes (from CD's) they will not show up in SBS until SBS does a "rescan". You can do this manually from the settings page or let it run daily (settings/advanced/rescan.)

If you are using more than one iTunes machine to scan, there are other considerations.

I would also highly recommend selecting the "use error detection" option on the iTunes advanced settings page.

P

Urf
2011-06-17, 04:25
Thanks P, I've been doing periodic rescans and even have the schedule set to do a rescan daily. Like I said, I can see some of what I add but not all. Is there some way it could be a permissions issue or something?

alZmtbr
2011-06-17, 09:06
Are you using one user account to rip, or more then one? Unless you change it otherwise - iTunes sticks the files under "My Doucuments/My Music". It's best to tell iTunes also to NOT 'manage my library'. Make sure also that DRM isn't being applied.

toby10
2011-06-17, 12:40
..... and make sure the songs not found by SBS are not encrypted/protected with iTunes DRM.