PDA

View Full Version : newest boom random strangeness- any ideas?

mauler
2011-06-14, 13:56
I've just bought my fourth squeezebox, another boom to add to my other 2 booms and a classic. I've had no syncing issues with the previous 3 but now that I've added a fourth some strangeness is occurring that I hoped someone could help me out with.
what's happening is that the new boom keeps unsyncing itself from the other 3 players, and most of the time I'll look at it and it'll display 'line in' on the screen. I've no idea why it's going to line in mode. it also randomly turns itself on and starts playing songs from my current playlist, but not the same song as all my other players are playing.
please can someone suggest what I can do to sort this boom out? it's being very disobedient! I keep syncing it with my other boxes either on the server settings or with ipeng but it's still unstable.
thanks

Mnyb
2011-06-14, 22:45
ideas:

ir remote interference ? In the web-UI settings for sbs in the player tab choose the boom and in then choose remote, the boom can be controlled by front_panel, slim_devices_remote ,jvc_dvd each one can be turned off, it's support jvc remotes is a leftover from the slimp3 , SB1 days.

is it used have the previus owner deleted it from his/hers mysqueezebox.com account ?
as some settings is synced wierd things can happen.

mauler
2011-06-15, 01:40
ah thanks for the ideas. this is actually the only boom i've bought that didn't require me to email logitech to wipe the previous owner's account! the ir interference is certainly a possibility. i've disabled it to see if this has any effect. nothing else in the room accidentally turns on though, and at the moment this boom is sitting on the floor in front of my classic, but we shall see. hope this is all the problem is otherwise i'll do a factory reset i suppose. it was on this morning, waiting for me...
thanks!

garym
2011-06-15, 04:26
it was on this morning, waiting for me...
thanks!

The Stephen King special edition Boom?

Mnyb
2011-06-15, 04:30
ah thanks for the ideas. this is actually the only boom i've bought that didn't require me to email logitech to wipe the previous owner's account! the ir interference is certainly a possibility. i've disabled it to see if this has any effect. nothing else in the room accidentally turns on though, and at the moment this boom is sitting on the floor in front of my classic, but we shall see. hope this is all the problem is otherwise i'll do a factory reset i suppose. it was on this morning, waiting for me...
thanks!

My radio is charging in the same room as my Touch so if use the ir remote I get unexpected results :) All sb acts on the same ir so yes the classic ir remote will work on boom and radio and Touch and the other way to , Touch remote works fine on classic etc

mauler
2011-06-15, 15:25
still no joy. I performed a factory reset (+button whilst powering off etc) and 20 mins later it turned itself on again. when this happens and i launch ipeng, my other 3 players are grouped together but this boom is always on it's own. I've synced and unsynced and synced again but it won't play ball. is there anything else I can try? would it perhaps be a limitation of my network or something whereby it can't handle all my devices running at the same time? like too many IP addresses maybe?
starting to drive me nuts....

garym
2011-06-15, 19:47
still no joy. I performed a factory reset (+button whilst powering off etc) and 20 mins later it turned itself on again. when this happens and i launch ipeng, my other 3 players are grouped together but this boom is always on it's own. I've synced and unsynced and synced again but it won't play ball. is there anything else I can try? would it perhaps be a limitation of my network or something whereby it can't handle all my devices running at the same time? like too many IP addresses maybe?
starting to drive me nuts....

Have you unsynched everything and tried it and then maybe sync it and one other SB player.

JJZolx
2011-06-15, 20:12
The most likely culprit is mysqueezebox.com. It's capable of screwing with your players in ways that would never even occur to you.

Unless you absolutely have to have it, disable mysqueezebox.com integration in Settings > mysqueezebox.com. Delete all players from your mysb.com account, if you have one. Ultimately, block mysb.com at your firewall if it continues to be a problem.

Mnyb
2011-06-16, 02:12
At least check it's settings at mysqueezebox.com

It does not have an alarm setting ?

Factory reset ?