PDA

View Full Version : Sirius App causes reboots on Radio/Touch

steve781
2011-06-10, 05:44
Am I the only one that is annoyed by the Squeezebox Sirius Internet App? Are others having problems with the Radio and Touch rebooting while playing a Sirius channel? I finally submitted a Bug request because I couldn't find anything similar already submitted.

I've seen the reboot issue in 7.5.2 thru 7.5.4. The amount of time before the reboot varies from a few minutes to a few hours. There's nothing in the server log or SqueezeOS log, so I'm not sure how to collect more info.

Are others experiencing this issue? If so, feel free to add details to the Bug request.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17284

bwaldron
2011-06-10, 14:48
Am I the only one that is annoyed by the Squeezebox Sirius Internet App?

Nope. I'm annoyed by the random "no longer authorized" errors. I also see the reboots on my Radio (not my Classic) -- but strangely pretty much only on one channel (60s on 6).

garym
2011-06-10, 15:02
Nope. I'm annoyed by the random "no longer authorized" errors. I also see the reboots on my Radio (not my Classic) -- but strangely pretty much only on one channel (60s on 6).

I'm occasionally hit by the "no longer authorized" where the playback stops and I have to hit play to restart. But haven't had any reboots, but also haven't tried 60s on 6....

Ron Olsen
2011-06-10, 16:20
I'm occasionally hit by the "no longer authorized" where the playback stops and I have to hit play to restart. But haven't had any reboots, but also haven't tried 60s on 6....
I filed a bug report on the "no longer authorized" problem:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17157

I see this problem on several Sirius stations, with both the official Sirius plugin and the third-party "Not So Sirius" plugin.

Unfortunately, Logitech is passing the buck and says the problem is on the Sirius end, and resolved the MR as "WONTFIX", much to my dismay.

It boggles the mind that Logitech refuses to work with Sirius to resolve this issue, regardless of where the problem lies. Finger pointing and saying "It's not our problem" isn't the way a customer-oriented company should respond to problems like this.

wholm
2011-06-16, 05:38
I am expirencing this problem as well (random reboots while listening to Sirius). Does anyone know if this happens if they you use the server vs. going direct?