PDA

View Full Version : Playing files on MacBook

jclyle
2011-06-07, 05:07
Hello
I'm switching from windows to a Mac soon. Is there software to playback files on a Mac like you can on a PC? All my files are on a vortexbox Appliance running slimserver. I could pull up squeezecenter in Safari,but I'm not sure I can stream to a MacBook pro.

IPeng on OSX would solve all my problems ;)

Mnyb
2011-06-07, 07:51
Softsqueeze ? Not seen SqueezePlay ib osx.
otherwise the stream mp3 funktion and use Itunes to tune in the stream ?

jclyle
2011-06-07, 09:59
This looks like it would work. Any comments from users?

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Softsqueeze.shtml

copperstate
2011-06-07, 11:08
I would recommend either Squeezeplay or iTunes (or both). They work quite well, but Squeezeplay has the additional benefit to be recognized as a "real" (but software based) Squeezebox by your SBS. :)

Both may be controlled by their respective iOS remote control apps, too.

Mnyb
2011-06-07, 11:10
I would recommend either Squeezeplay or iTunes (or both). They work quite well, but Squeezeplay has the additional benefit to be recognized as a "real" (but software based) Squeezebox by your SBS. :)

Both may be controlled by their respective iOS remote control apps, too.

You are rigth, there is an osx squeezeplay , my bad

jclyle
2011-06-08, 15:06
I get an error when I launch SoftSqueeze "Connection Failed. Check Server Settings"

I'm using a Vortexbox Appliance running 7.5. Is there a setting I need to change?

agillis
2011-06-09, 10:08
I get an error when I launch SoftSqueeze "Connection Failed. Check Server Settings"

I'm using a Vortexbox Appliance running 7.5. Is there a setting I need to change?

You need to enter the IP address of your VortexBox into SoftSqueeze. You may also need to disable your firewall.

jclyle
2011-06-09, 10:33
Which tab would I enter this data? On the networking tab it already has Vortexbox listed as the Squeezebox Server Hostname.

You need to enter the IP address of your VortexBox into SoftSqueeze. You may also need to disable your firewall.

jclyle
2011-06-09, 12:41
I figured the IP address part out. On the Networking tab I entered the IP address in the space for 'Squeezebox Server HostName'.

Now the stream works!

Thanks for the support!