PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to slimserver over the internet

Blue_Atom
2011-06-04, 14:47
Hi,

my slimserver config all works fine on my home lan. I have multiple radios and booms with no problems.

It would be useful though to be able to connect to over the internet so I've configured my firewall to allow incoming traffic on 3483 udp/tcp and 9000 tcp.

I've restarted the slimserver.pl daemon (running on UNIX) without the --cliaddr, --httpaddr or --playeraddr settings so it is listening on all interfaces.

But, I still cannot connect my Squeezebox Radio over the internet. When I snoop the interface I can see the traffic coming in but my radio still cannot connect to my library. It is kind of half working though because I can connect to the web interface over the internet on port 9000.

Is there anything obvious that I have missed on my firewall or server setup?
Or is there any debugging I can put on my server process as there is nothing in the logs regarding my failed attempts to connect.

Any clues appreciated as I'm at a bit of a loss about this.
Thanks..

Blue_Atom
2011-06-05, 11:36
Hrrmm... it turns out that my testing methodology was flawed as I took my Radio round a mate's house and it connected fine to my server.
I'll get my coat...

pski
2011-06-05, 16:19
Hrrmm... it turns out that my testing methodology was flawed as I took my Radio round a mate's house and it connected fine to my server.
I'll get my coat...

If you didn't change anything in your internet modem, you really need to investigate: you should have to open those ports on your modem as well as your pc's firewall.