PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox streaming to Pianodisc or Disklavier?

Harry G
2011-05-30, 03:05
Is anyone using a Squeezebox to feed midi files to a modern player piano? Is so, do you convert the midi type 1 files to waves, MP3s or stream in native midi? Any input would be appreciated.

Phil Leigh
2011-05-30, 10:46
Is anyone using a Squeezebox to feed midi files to a modern player piano? Is so, do you convert the midi type 1 files to waves, MP3s or stream in native midi? Any input would be appreciated.

erm... you can't convert (in the conventional sense) a midi file to a wav or any other soundfile unless you play it through a midi device and record the resultant sound. This would then be an audio file and could not drive a midi device.
Nor can you use SBS to supply midi files to a midi device.
?

Perhaps if you described more about what you are trying to achieve...

poilus141
2012-10-06, 05:47
Hello,
I'm aslo the happy owner of a Disklavier.
As well as several Squeezebox.
I perfectly understand what you are looking for, as i want the same.

I want to play my midi files (i have approx 2 000) directly from the Squeezebox touch to the Disklavier.
I already use a netbook to do that, but a SBT would look so neat on top of my black glossy piano !

I have found a developper who did some tricks on the Squeezebox touch.
As i'm in the IT business i guess i could have this done by some technician. But the cost is big for one single user.
Would you be interested in sharing the cost?

You can respond here.
Have fun

Chris.