PDA

View Full Version : Duet remote stolen, receiver not...

sheff
2011-05-29, 11:46
Hi all,

My duet remote was stolen last night in a burglary. They didn't take the receiver, though. I would like to use the android squeezebox app as a remote control, but it can't find the receiver as it is configured to use a local squeezebox server. Any ideas on either (1) how to config the receiver to use mysqueezebox.com when I don't have the remote or (2) an alternate android app that would work as a remote in this situation?

Receiver is mostly used for pandora streaming, fwiw.

Thanks,
sheff

Mnyb
2011-05-29, 11:52
maybe you should contact logitech support all squeezeboxes have unique macadresses so if it apears on mysqueezebox.com they may be able to help or at least not allow anyone else to register it

sheff
2011-05-29, 12:25
done, but really don't have much hope for recovery. more looking for a technical solution of how to associate an orphaned receiver to mysqueezebox.com instead of a local server.

Thanks,
sheff

simbo
2011-05-29, 12:34
You can reset a Receiver by holding down the button until it flashes quickly.

Speak to Flattermann about using his SqueezeConfig UDAP Tool (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76584) to configure the Receiver, then you can use his SqueezeCommander (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352) in lieu of the Controller.

Not much consolation, but I find SqueezeCommander easier to use than the Controller anyway.

Mnyb
2011-05-29, 12:49
done, but really don't have much hope for recovery. more looking for a technical solution of how to associate an orphaned receiver to mysqueezebox.com instead of a local server.

Thanks,
sheff

Hmm cant you open the web-UI for the local server chose the reciver on the rigth side and on the left side choose extras and then Music Source and here you have mysqueezebox.com as an option ?

sheff
2011-05-29, 13:24
Hmm cant you open the web-UI for the local server chose the reciver on the rigth side and on the left side choose extras and then Music Source and here you have mysqueezebox.com as an option ?

Ace reply, this worked perfectly. Thanks.