PDA

View Full Version : ReadyNAS Squeezebox Server Upgrade

billnord
2011-05-22, 07:02
I use a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 2 for storage. Every time I switch to the ReadyNAS on My Squeezebox Touch, the touch says I need to upgrade (which you can't escape from) and it goes through the process.

Also, If I open the Squeezebox server on the NetGear it shows it is running 7.5.3 i386-readynas. The server shows a message saying version 7.5.4 is available. I install it and get the message "it has installed successfully" but the version number never changes.

fphredd
2011-05-22, 07:59
There is a recommended procedure for ReadyNAS that includes deleting prior version...have you done that?

snottmonster
2011-05-23, 04:44
There is a recommended procedure for ReadyNAS that includes deleting prior version...have you done that?
Since the release of 7.5.x, when upgrading it has no longer been necessary to first completely delete the original installation.

It may be something more simple. For example: Have you ensured that SBS is restarted on the ReadyNAS? Else you may still be running 7.5.3 despite having 7.5.4 installed

Have you cleared your browser cache to be sure that the report of 7.5.3 is accurate and not just cached info?

Might even be worth restarting your NAS just to be sure SBS is up and running cleanly.

If none of that works, then you might wish to follow the previous recommendation

billnord
2011-06-05, 05:25
Thanks all,
I did the uninstall and re-install and it all worked. In frustration I deleted the server on the NAS and then went to the web site to see how to get it back. I just wish there had been a message telling me to do this up front. Once you find the procedure it is pretty simple to do. The messages on the Touch should direct you to the web link.